Easing sickness symptoms

pringle88

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm sure there are already a tonne of posts on this topic but my phone is playing up and I can't search old posts!!

I am feeling sick from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed and nothing seems to help! I haven't actually been sick once but I feel like I would feel a million times better if I was sick!

Any tips for getting rid of this feeling?

I constantly feel hungover!! Nibbling on the odd ginger nut helps for a couple of minutes but then it comes back!

I feel exactly the same and dizzy all the time, how many weeks are you?

8 weeks, I've felt like this since about 6 weeks I think! It's horrendous isn't it!

Hi ladies I'm popping over from tri 2. I'm currently 17w3d. I started with feeling sick 24/7 from 5 weeks started with sickness at 9weeks and currently still have 24/7 nausea and sick once every night :( I tried everything and nothing helps for me here are some things I tried maybe they might help you:
Travel sick bands.
Anti sickness tablets from the doctor
Sugar free barley sugar sweets (they helped me the most)
Preggie pops
Ginger biscuits
Ginger syrup in hot water
Small but often meals I find I'm worse when I go longer periods without eating
I hope some of these may help for you. Make sure you rest when you can and I found the more tired I was the worse I got too so early nights helps me too xxx

I'm almost 10 weeks and the nausea is just dying down. Eating little and often helped me, especially fruit nothing heavy. Fresh air also eased the feeling, even now I can't stand being hot as it sets me off again. I also tried to sleep as much as possible, I have older children so they could get themselves to bed as I was going about 6pm .
Its horrible and crap and got me so down but there is light at the end of the horrible tunnel xx

It's so hard, I'm on the verge of crying sometimes. I have a 3 year old too so I'm finding it stressful trying to rest and make sure she is getting enough attention. Don't get me wrong I know the symptoms are good but I am so looking forward to this part being over.

Becsybabe, I don't know how you are still going feeling sick for so long!!

I tried anti-sickness bands but they don't help and sweets are now making it worse. Even drinking water can set me off sometimes. Going to try polos which helped my mum get through the first 12 weeks.

Sorry for the rant girls x

I was being sick atleast 8 times a day so i have anit sickness tablets from the doctor but before that i tried Ginger cordial which did help for a bout 30 minutes
Mints which i still use now when ever i feel nausea which the tablets dont stop.

Onedaysoon25 it's driving me insane some days I just sit and cry I feel that awful but the one thing that's getting me thru this horrible part is knowing the beautiful little boy I will hold in my arms at the end. I also have three other boys too so it's very tiring xx

Wow, I take my hat off to you Becsybabe. 3 boys to look after and feeling sick for this long.

Good to know the mints work Aurora. I can't have ginger as I overdid it with my first pregnancy and not been able to stomach a ginger biscuit since lol x

I felt queasy from before bfp but proper sickness kicked in between 6 and 7 weeks. I am 18 weeks now and still feel sick and am still sick occasionally. I had/have hyperemesis though so its an extreme case. I literally could not move for over 6 weeks weeks. Nothing really worked for me but sucking on hard boiled sweets/mints can keep it at bay. Someone suggested ginger chews to me but I couldn't bring myself to try them as the thought of ginger made me feel awful but might work for others.
Drink small amounts, water seems to cause problems for a lot of people, I found sparking water better or ribena.
Eat little and often as hunger usually makes it feel worse.
Becsy, so sorry that you are still feeling so awful. I still have it there but has improved alot but even with it how it is, it can be frustrating xx

i had nausea the same as yourself, was never actually sick but felt i may feel better if i actually was!

i found mints, dry cream crackers and ready salted crisps or mcdonalds fries kept my from feeling so sick. i was nibbling constantly all day to keep it at bay, found it worse when i was driving too.

i feel nauseous now but its generally when my blood sugar drops and i need some food.

little and often would be my advice and salty things

Only thing that helps me is CBD oil.

Not without controversy but keeps me out of hospital

Just looked it up. Not something I would try personally xx

i am 7 weeks tomorrow and my sickness started 4 days ago and it is 24/7 and i have missed last 3 days from work!
i got tablets from doctor yesterday as i couldnt even keep water down!

trying the ginger stuff today!
feel better soon!

It's non-psycho active cannabis oil. Totally harmless for bub and takes away all the awful early pregnancy side effects. Don't think I'd get on with looking after the kids and working hard without it!!

Hope you feel better soon Pringle!!:hug::hug:

Last edited:
I am nearly 8 weeks and been throwing up all day every day since 6 weeks!!! Believe me the throwing up doesn't help. The nausea is relentless

Hi, thought I would join in as am currently nearly 7 weeks and the nausea has really kicked in. As soon as I am remotely awake in the morning, it kicks in and stays. I force myself to eat little snacks, even though I don't even feel hungry / thought churns my stomach but it does seem to ease the sickness longer during the day overall.

It could be the pre-natal vitamins, I was told? (As well as normal pregnancy symptom obviously).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back