Early weaning?

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls.

I think Daniel is ready to get weaned. The problem is, he isnt 4 months yet (will be on 13.01). He started to wake up more during the night, is interested in "adult" food and isnt very keen on formula lately. Any tips how I should do that? With what to start and etc.? Thank you for your replies :hug:

Hi Carina :wave:

I can't really advise anything as Maya is very young and we haven't started any weaning at all. But, I've been reading this blog lately. It's very interesting and has lots of ideas on food and ways to introduce your baby to different foods. It's two mums writing the blog, they follow the Baby led weaning method - they started off when their babies were 6 months old though. They have lots of advice to offer however.

Maybe you'd be better off with traditional weaning (baby rice, purees etc) at this stage though (because of Daniel being 3 1/2 months old) and slowly introducing some finger food and then maybe try the baby led weaning if you like it.

I would be very interested in early weaning as I have problems breastfeeding Maya - she is still very young though, only nine weeks :?

Well, after long thinking I decided to get some baby rice: after some milk, I gave him few spoons of baby rice. I was expecting him to refuse or something, but he just started to have it. Obviosly, he wasnt swallowing like an adult, but he had it. Then I gave him milk again. I think he would like to have even more of the baby rice, but I want to start slowly. Will continue with the weaning.

u can probably try it. i tried millie at 17 weeks but some do it much earlier.

erin said:
I've been reading this blog lately. It's very interesting and has lots of ideas on food and ways to introduce your baby to different foods. It's two mums writing the blog, they follow the Baby led weaning method - they started off when their babies were 6 months old though. They have lots of advice to offer however.

Sorry for hijack Carina, but can you please post the link to the blog please erin?

Sorry I can't help Carina, I am hoping to do baby led weaning so haven't started yet - my daughter is still just on breast milk exclusively and she's 5 months tomorrow. She hasn't shown any interest or any hunger for anything else yet.

Valentine Xxx

newmum: i dont really want to delay. i think he will be happier :) we tried some baby rice today and he took it very well :D so, weaning starts for us :cheer:

I weaned Tia at 12 weeks.... baby led weaning in a way... she needed it (she was the size of a 5 month old by then anyway :roll: )... I used boob milk and baby rice... One meal a day.

From her first meal she loved it, she also slept solidly for 4 hours... I thought I'd killed her as she usually didn't sleep for more than 20 mins between feeds :rotfl: but she was fine.... I kept her on the baby rice till she was 4 months old (no 6 months weaning rule 8 years ago :roll:) and then I started to introduce more flavours.. usually plain fruit or veg and increased her meals to twice a day... at 5 months I moved her up to three meals a day.

Some babies need to be weaned early, others don't.... just take it nice and slow.. :)

It sounds likes hes ready Carina, I started weaning Imogen at that age just once a day every other day with baby rice and when she hit 4 months I tried her on other foods and shes doing great - no tummy upsets, being sick - just really happy and content.

like your baby she was showing a interest in adult food, ie crying when someone was eating, pning hr mouth to adult food, crying because milk wasnt enough- the list goes on!

newmum: yesterday I just gave him baby rice for the first time about 2 pm. he had first milk, then I just gave him 3 little spoons of the baby rice, then the rest of the milk. Today I am going to do the same, and go on like that about a week. Then i am planning to give him few little spoons in the morning as well. Then, he will actually be 4 full months, Ill start veggie purees. Thats the plan anyways :D

Mrs_tommo: I am glad Imogen is doing great! I dont know how we could have gone till 6 moths without other foods.

I've started Ryan on baby rice now too. I did it once at 14 weeks then left it til 16 weeks and we've been giving 1 baby rice session a day since then.

I have no advice I'm afraid - with Lydia I waited until she was 5 and a half months, and I intend to stick as close to 6 months as possible with Alex aswell, but good luck with the weaning. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back