Early weaning

Kimi89

Reaction score
I asked my friend what age she weaned her babies and she said 3 months for one and 2 months for the other, and the reason is because they were always hungry. Had anyone else heard of this?

Yes I have and I find it very dumb when people do so. I can understand when people do so at around 4 months but I just think any earlier than that is more often impatience from the parents more than anything else. Babies are generally hungry because they live off milk and they have little and often it provides them with all they need and by feeding them "normal" food it fills them up and puts them at risk at all sorts because it's not as rich in all that they need.

It did sound strange to me and a bit dangerous. I didn't think a baby would be developed enough to handle anything other than milk.

years ago they'd recommend weaning a baby at 3 months but now there is evidence that this may be the cause of problems like ibs later in life. for the majority of babies there is no need to give them food before 6m

Definitely not. Maybe many yrs ago but research has cone along way. I think it would be very dangerous. Babies are hungry you juat need to keep feeding them. Im outraged people would do that.

I started weaning my little one at six months. I gave her some puréed carrot, in her nappy the next day, appeared the carrot. Her body hadn't digested any of it so I knew then her body wasn't ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back