Early Viability/Reassurance Scan

annette1975

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Was silently going out of my mind worrying that all was ok with this pregnancy as apart from being more tired than usual I have next to no symptoms so after much persuasion to my OH we went for a private scan today :dance:

Was sooooo relieved to find out all was ok, bubs had very strong heartbeat at 175 BPM and we were moved along to 9 weeks + 4, sonographer was absolutely fantastic and came away with 4 scan pics and the DVD of scan so am now a very happy smiley mommy to be :lol:

Attachments

• our baby scan 9 weeks and 4 days.jpg
    our baby scan 9 weeks and 4 days.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 19
How early can you get an early reassurance scan? If you go too early do they call you back until they see something? And if that was the case, would you have to pay each time? x

The place I went to said if they couldn't see anything they would invite me back free of charge - I think that is the general rule for a reputable place. A lot of the ladies on here have said they saw something at 6+5. If you can wait till 8 weeks I would say hold out. Baby looks more like a baby then xxx

It's a place called ultra baby but I think they are based down south, check out their website. Cost me £75 x

Awww lovely pic!

How early can you get an early reassurance scan? If you go too early do they call you back until they see something? And if that was the case, would you have to pay each time? x

My hospital won't scan until you're 6 weeks. At 6 weeks 3 days I seen baby, yolk sac and heartbeat so I'm guessing 6 weeks is probably the earliest! Wouldn't like to think they'd make anyone pay if they couldn't see anything but you never know xx

Oh yes, there is definitely a limit! I might get a 3D scan this time though. I couldn't get one last time as the twins were too entwined to get a good view of what part belonged to who! xx

Bloody hell maybe...that's expensive! Mines 100quid at babybond in Manchester x

I was going to go to the one in St Helen's (I think M2A went there) xx

My OH wont let me pay for a private scan he says £99 is too much, so lets hope i can get an early one on the NHS? xxx

£99 is a lot but I think it's worth it's weight in gold for reassurance (especially to us ladies who've suffered losses)
Do you think you might get an early NHS one?
I thought I might give them a call because I had a pregnancy of unknown location last time xx

Agreed cosmic, before we knew the prices we had decided we were having one, I'm crapping it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back