Early teething ?

B81292

Reaction score
My little girl is 9 weeks now and for a few days she's been drooling like crazy, trying to eat her first and had a bit of a cough . She seems to have a tiny little rash on her nappy area and slightly flushed cheeks . A few people have said she could be teething is this a possibility ? What can I do for her ? She doesn't seem to be in pain (yet). Obviously she's too little to hold a teething ring or anything just wondered if there's anything I can do to help her along ? Thanks xx

I would maybe speak to your health visitor or GP for advice just to check there isn't anything else going on as she has a cough which I don't think would be related to teething. It's also worth getting the rash checked out unless it's definitely just mild nappy rash. Does she have a temperature? If they think it's just teething and she doesn't seem in any discomfort personally I wouldn't give her anything. If it starts to hurt you can use Dentinox teething gel which is suitable from birth - I think it's quite mild compared to some of the other teething remedies but it works well (so far!) for my lo xx

Chewing fists is a sign of hunger, not necessarily teething, possibly just a feeding cue?

If she has a bit of a cough and is a bit under the weather the rash and drool could just be due to that.

Daisy is 9 weeks today and we've had the same for the last week or so and it was the same with my son. Around now they start producing more saliva hence all the drool and sore bum if they are swallowing it, and she's just finding her hands so is discovering then with her mouth :) It could be teething for your little one so have a chat with your hv but like above if she's not in pain I woudlnt worry about giving her anything for it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back