Early signs of pregnancy - i am new to this...

loopylouTTC

Reaction score
Hi

We are trying to conceive at the moment. I came off the pill in October and my periods returned to normal straight away, which was good.

I was due to come on yesterday but nothing so far. The strange thing is, i am due to come on, but i still have discharge. I've read that this is supposed to be dry leading up to a period and that discharge is a sign of pregnancy. I have no other symptoms except i do feel tired sometimes (which is unlike me).

I will wait till Wednesday before doing a test but does this sound like pregnancy to you?

Thanks

Hi

Welcome to the site !! :D

I came off the pill in november and my periods returned to normal straight away too and i was also due on yesterday, no sign of my period yet either,good luck let us know the outcome of your test, i am gonna leave it another week (too scared :? )

Do you have any other symptons? You are right though that could well be a sign !! :D

Good luck hun !!

You never know :D
Its best not to get your hopes up but being late is exciting. :D :D

Thanks guys.

Nikki - Looks like we are in the same boat!

I went to my family planning clinic today to get tested (as i can't wait). I asked the nurse for a test and she said are you trying for a baby - i said yes. She said they wouldn't test me! They only test people who are not trying or those who want termination.

her reason was that if i was pregnant, they couldn't refer me to a midwife (only doctor can do that). I said that if it was positive i could take myself to doctors after.

I then said "ok, we're not trying for a baby, can i have a test please" She still wouldn't do it.

Eventually after much arguing ("this is a family planning clinic and we are planning a family, why won't you help me?") she said they would do it this time.

It was negative (after all that fuss).

She said i should try again in a weeks time (if still no Aunt Flo) but they wouldn't do it.

Is this the same in all family planning clinics? My clinic is close to where i work whereas my doctors is several villages away and would involve taking time off work to get there.

We'll keep trying.

Hiya,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find it helpful, everyone on here is great and so supportive.

Periods can take a while to settle down after being on the pill so this might be the reason you're later than normal or you could be preggers (Woohoo!) the test may have come up negative because its a bit too early to detect the hormone (what time of day was it when you did the test? this can affect it too)

Your family planning clinic does sound a bit odd not wanting to give you a test but then again i've only ever gone to one for contraception so don't know the procedures. If I were you just buy a couple of tests from the chemist/supermarket etc and do it at home & not worry about the clinic.

Discharge can be a sign of pregnancy, along with tiredness but don't worry too much about all of that just now as everyone is different in what symptons they get and when they start and often the symptoms will develop coz we're wanting it so much & then you'll drive yourself mad!!

The best of luck and keep us updated on how it goes, hopefully you'll be on here tomorrow with some great news. Fingers crossed for you.

Take Care.

Nicki. :D

My friend came off the pill and got pregnant straight away without having a period so you never know!! Good luck!

Hi Loopy!!

What a joke they are down your family planning clinic they should call it 'anti family clinic'. :?

Any sign of AF :twisted: yet? Its still early days for a test and if it wasn't your first wee of the day (sorry :oops: ),there is a chance that there were not enough hormones to get a positive yet !!

No AF for me yet but still dont feel all that pregnant do you? Just gonna keep my fingers crossed, still to scared to test i am sick of spending loads of money on tests i am gonna try and be a bit more patient this month.

Good luck to you, keep us posted, take care xx

HI Loopy,

Dont want to get your hopes up too much but this happened with my 1st pregancy! Had a negative test at the family planning clinic! I was too embarrassed to go back (i was only young :oops: !) so did a home pregnancy test 3 days later and got a BFP! With this pregnancy it was the other way around! I got a BFP on the home pregnancy test but 2 of the docs tests where negative!

Like i said dnt want to get your hopes up too much hun just thought id share my experiences with you and wish you lots of luck!

You too Nikki!

Kelly

Hi guys. Thanks for all your messages. Everyone here seems so nice and friendly. Here's an update for you...

AF turned up today. :( I was disappointed but all along i've been telling myself that it would come so i wasn't too upset. I was only 3 days late anyway.

never mind, we will try again. This was our first month of trying anyway. i didn't think it would happen that quick (though for some it does).

I am enjoying the charting and learning to read my body's signs for ovulation though so i guess its back to the drawing board (literally!)

Hi Loopy

Such a shame AF :evil: had to pay a visit, lets hope you get a bfp :D next month,keep chatting and let us all know how you doin, it really does help

Good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back