early scans anyone?

Lianatoot

Reaction score
I was having pains, and had to leave work during a nightshift one night cos I felt really ill, went out to early pregnancy assesment suite, and they scanned me...I was 5 weeks and 5 days then, and all you could see was like a black shadow.

I went back for a scan at 6 weeks 6 days, and then you could see a grey area, with a perfect round black hole, and they said that was the sac, and it measured 6mm. I really thought that I would have seen my baby that time...

I go for another scan on the 21st Jan, and im worried sick, Incase I still dont see a baby, as I will be 9 weeks by then.

I have had no more pain since the first time (they said it was a kidney infection) and no bleeding at all...I am overweight tho...so could this be the reason I didnt see as much?

I was just wondering if anyone else went for scans at 5 and 6 weeks and didnt see very much too?

My sister in law had an early one. all you could see was a little dark blob, didnt look like anything at all. am sure you will see something at 9 weeks, post ya pics when you get them

Thanks for getting back to me, I think im just worrying myself, as when I look online at 6 wee scan pics, you can see like a little grey blob in the black sac...and I didnt...

I did have an internal scan both times, and Paul says that the fact there was a difference between both scan is reasurring, as there was a marked difference between both (shadow in first, and black hole in second)

Ahh im just a born worrier!

I am overweight, and wasent even trying to become pregnant, was the last thing I expected...(Now that I am I am over the moon tho!) I was on a diet and had lost a stone and a half...and just did a test to rule pregnancy out!!! LOL...6 tests later, yeah I was PG! LOL!

You will be fine, im overweight too, and am expecting my second surprise now, i was shocked but happy. I couldnt really make that much out at my scans, the women said theres its arm and i was like is it thats nice! i actually saw my 16 week scan clearer than the 22 week one. oh and congratulations

Awww thanks!!! and congratulations to you too!!!! :clap:

I hope that I will get a pic to keep at my next scan..which if you can see the baby, I am sure they will! Urghhhh monday seems like ages away!

Hello and congrats! I had an early scan at 5w 5 days which showed a gestattion sac at 10 mm. I was worried when I came back that there was no heartbeat but it is not unusual to not get that so early on. I have another one in about 9 days and that will be to see the progress....hope this helps :)

I had a an early scan at 5w6 last time. I just dug it out and I couldn't even scan it in, it's so insignificant looking! Just a blob in another blob!

Hmmm my sac only measure 6mm....and there wasent even a blob in another blob!!! :(

I found this picture...

This is EXACTLY, the same as what we saw at my last scan! (6 weeks)

5-5weeks.jpg

Well...my scan is on monday!!!! im getting even more nervous now!!! OMG!

This is exactly what we saw but apparently it is very normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back