Early Scan

clareybell

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Had my first midwife appointment today and I've been booked in for a scan on Thursday because of some light brown cm I had on Friday - she didn't seem to worried and said its mostly for my peace of mind, but I'm pooping myself a bit now.

I'm glad they are doing it, but in a way I feel like ignorance is bliss, I just really hope for good news.

My symptoms are quite strong at the moment with nausea becoming more severe where I'm actually vomiting now, and I'm hoping that can only be a good thing!

How is everyone else symptom wise at the moment?

Xxx

Hope it all goes well for you!

I'm not too bad, tiredness has been my biggest symptom! My boobs look like a map and are so so sore and I'm clearly starting to show now which I'm hoping are all good signs that everything's okay!

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
Baby number 2 due 15th Dec 2013

Be prepared
Its a probe with a condom and gel that they insert inside you
Its uncomfortable!!!
I never shaved my legs but wish I did so you might wanna do the same if they've been hibernating over winter, ha x

Ha thanks Gail - they said they'd try external first, but I'll make sure I'm prepared now!

Good luck ! It sounds like everything is fine so try not to worry - I second Gail lol, gotta love Dildocam (NOT!) :)

Its generally too small to see externally yet
Although my uterus is tilted apparently which meant externally had to chance of seeing it x

I've had that brown mucous/discharge for the past few days too. Freaked out, rang my GP and he sent me into EPU. The doctor gave me an internal exam to check the neck of the womb. She then scanned my tummy and pointed out the heartbeat to me!

She told me that brown blood is old blood and it's probably caused by movement in the uterus or the ligaments stretching.

I hope all goes well for you. Just thought I'd share my experience.

Last edited:
Have you had your scan? How did it go - did you have to have an internal?

Good luck for Thursday. I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about. Seems to be quite common. I had really bad stomach cramps from weeks 5-7 which have eased off now. I do keep getting nosebleeds, either one a day or one every other day. Really annoying. Has anyone else had these? Oh and the tiredness..... Jeez, the tiredness..... x

We had a bit of bleeding, had a early scan at 8+1, all was fine, cervical erosion was the cause (not uncommon) and the baby attaching caused it too :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back