Early scan

JacqWish

Reaction score
I am nearly 6 weeks and over the weekend I had some pretty bad cramps and pelvic pain. I had the merest amount of discharge (light brown) on saturday morning but that was it. I had to go to the doctors last night for another reason so I asked him if all that was normal (I have had 2 miscarriages before).

He said he didnt think it sounded very good and I have to go into the hospital for a scan this afternoon to find out if the pregnancy is viable. If the ultrasound doesnt show anything i have to get an internal scan which i had once before (and it was awful, they only had a male radiographer and i was in such a state).

I still have sore boobs and i am really tired, but i find it so hard to think positive because of my history. I don't want to go through this a third time. Don't suppose there is much i can do to stop nature taking its course and i'll know more after 2.30.

Oh dear, try not to get too stressed out JacqWish...good luck and let us know how you get on.

xxxxxx

Just back from the scan and its all good; I could see the little heart beat which was just amazing, it's only 3mm long!

The nurse was so fantastic, I was so upset when I first went in and she really calmed me down. Talked me through the whole process and she even gave me a picture, its so clear. I wish I had a scanner so I could share it.

Thanks for all your good wishes, they worked!

Jacq x

FANTASTIC..........CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 3MM HEARTBEAT!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You must be so relieved.......huge bath, lots of chocolate and pamper yourself night coming up I think!!!! You deserve it!!!

Thank you! I am going to definitely have a celebration involving chocolate!

Jacq xxx :D

I'm so pleased to hear that everything is ok. I'm 5 weeks 6 days too, does that mean mine will have a heartbeat already? Wow!!

It will! It was just so amazing, i could see this tiny little heartbeat on the screen. You would hardly believe that something so small (3mm) would have a heartbeat. What a feeling.

I am going to try and get a copy of my picture scanned so you can see it. I have been smiling ever since!

I tried to PM you yesterday to let you know how i got on but i dont think it worked? I was probably doing something wrong...

Jacq x

hi

Im glad to hear everything went ok. i have just foud out i am 4 weeks pregnant, it is my first pregnancy and wondered if anyone can put my mind at ease. I did 2 tests that both said negative but i only did these 1 week after i conceived so i think it was too early and i have done 2 tests this week that have both said positive. I have told my parents and am now worried that the test could have been wrong?? Also i read on an internet site that if the baby does not find a place in the uterus to embedd itself it will just pass through as a period, i am very worried about this...[/i]

Hi, I dont think that you can get a positive test result on a pregnancy test unless you are pregnant. I think there are some drugs that may alter the test results, but not your common or garden drugs. Did you keep the instructions from your test, it will tell you.

It does sound like you are pregnant, I hope you are! I know how hard it is not to worry about things when you are this early on, I am the worlds worst, but this forum is fantastic for support.

Jacq x

Thanks alot for your help.

I went to tesco about an hour ago and brought another test and it sais positive too. I cant stop looking at it i can believe it, its so exciting. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back