Early Scan Request

Suze012

Reaction score
I am about 5 weeks pregnancy just now. My last pregnancy resulted in ectopic and wasn't able to TTC again for a few months due to it. Anyway the last phone call I got from the Midwife at the early pregnancy unit was at the end of November and it was to tell me my bloods were back below 5 (not pregnant) and I asked what would happen now and what should I do if I get pregnant again. She said that I could phone them and they would give me an early scan to reassure me because of what happened.

Its now 7 months later and I am pretty sure she just said that to make me feel better when she told me.

What would you do? Would you phone them up and say remember in November you said if I got pregnant again you would scan me early? or leave it.

Obviously would love an early scan. Was thinking if I do phone to phone at 7 weeks as I know before then it may make me worry more if they can't find a heartbeat.

I feel this pregnancy so far is much better than the ectopic. My lines on tests, have stopped now lol are incredibly dark and no bleeding.

Last time I didn't get a pregnant 2-3 weeks on a digi until I was 5 weeks and started to bleed at 5+5weeks. I got my pregnant 2-3 at 13dpo, and no sign of bleeding.

Ahhh just not sure I should wait to see midwife at GP surgery and run it past her, but then I imagine she will say no they wont do it early.. so if I skip them and phone... hmm

I'd phone her as at the end of the day you have nothing to lose and more to gain. I'd ring this week myself as they may not be able see you straight away as I presume the EPU would see you and they may be busy so I'd definitely ring x

I would definately not leave it. See your gp. Xx

Ditto the above. Phone and say exactly what you've told us about your ectopic and what the mw said

Last edited:
I would ring too and ask. cant hurt. I had miscarriage last month, and the nurse who dealt with me in the EPU said the same thing to me. I rang back when I fell pregnant this time, spoke to someone else and they said to ring my Dr. Dr is arranging a scan for me to see if I am actually am pregnant and it's not the previous pregnancy still keeping my hcg levels high. I am definitely pregnant as I had a few negative tests, then the positive. And the lines have got stronger. Anyway, anything for a scan!

If the epu won't book you a scan, try your GP and see it they can send you for a reassurance scan. If all else fails, there's always the private scans. About £100.

Speak to your GP. Mine is great. I only went Friday and I get to see a midwife (just for info and to set up my booking in appointment) tomorrow. Apparently others have to wait longer elsewhere

All women that have had previous ectopic pregnancies need to be scanned as there is a (very slight) risk of another ectopic.

Ring them tomorrow OP, they'll be happy to see you

xxxxxxx

Oh really, thats prob, why she said it then. Will phone my GP tomoz, altho i think from my last one, first appoint is with midwife after giving in urine sample before it. As yous say nothing to loose, think i will phone epau myself xx

Yes defo ring - like people have said, if you've had ectopic they should scan you early as routine anyway so best get in there early! Xx

My friend had an ectopic and get pregnant again over a year later. She told EPU about last time and they sent her for early scan no problem. X

So i phoned today and i have a reassurance scan 2 weeks today. Just wondering do u not get a 12 week scan if u get one at 7 weeks?

Yes you still get one at 12 weeks as they have certain tests they need to carry out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back