early scan bleeding

nikkix86

Reaction score
his girls I started bleeding yesterday it's stopped now went for a scan and they saw a sac measuring 5-6 weeks but no baby yet. can see a hemmorage which is probably causing the bleeding. I've got to go back in 10 days for another scan to see if it's progressing. has anyone else had this? should there have been a baby in there by now?

hope everything gets better for you. are the doctors doing any bloods ? at my 5-6 week epu scan I saw a sac with a little white yolk in. did she say there was anything in it ? try not to worry x

Hi Hun,

Did they do your hcg?

Apparently over certain hcg thresholds you can gauge what you'll see on a scan.

When I was 6 weeks with my twin pregnancy I was only measuring 5+1.

You could see the yolk sacs but not the embryos but my hcg was mega high like 30000.

I'll let you know how I get on as it will be interesting to see if they find a sac how they date it.

If you want reassurance you could do two betas 48hours apart and a progesterone too.

Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 11
At my 5 week all they could see was the gestational sac then right at the end he saw the yolk sac. You shouldn't be able to see the baby until after 6 weeks really

I'm not sure if she said anything about a yolk sac it was all a bit too much information. I could see like a blurry white bit inside the sac but not sure what that was

don't think there was a yolk sac after looking on Google :( what does that mean?

Blurry white bit inside the sac is sort of what a yolk sac would look like. So early that it's hard to tell really on a scan what is what. Are you booked for another scan? Xxx

It could just be that the embryo implanted later than u think and so u r not 6 weeks yet so what u are seeing might be totally normal for the gestational age? They all develop at different rates but can catch up later.. 10 days will seem like a lifetime to you Hun but it will go and u will get your answers.. This is the risk with such early scanning it can make u more anxious when actually if they scanned you 10 days later everything would be fine with a bean and little beating heart.. Don't give up hope, you are pregnant and a lot can happen in 10 days! Like maybe says if you need to ask for your beta because then u would know if it's doubling or not? That may also cause u to worry though if it's not clear cut etc? These early stages are so scary, googling can cause more worry, but I understand why u do xx

I'm not sure if she said anything about a yolk sac it was all a bit too much information. I could see like a blurry white bit inside the sac but not sure what that was

that's what my yolk sac looked like :)

I'm hoping I'm just earlier than I thought thanks girls I'll keep you updated x

well my scan is on Wednesday finally! so worried that there will be nothing there :(

thank you I'm feeling really worried but will update the thread after x

Hi Nikki, I have a scan tomorrow too! I had very similar to you and had the agonising 11 day wait. So much had changed in those 11 days and even saw a heartbeat so think positive. Two consultants had told me they thought the pregnancy was failing and then I got the amazing news so don't give up hope. Fingers crossed for you Hun xx

thanks hun it's tomorrow at 4:20 and I'm dreading it :(

thanks girls feel sick just thinking about it! will update you all later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back