Early Pregnancy Scan?

RaeRae90

Reaction score
Posting twice in one day! Sorry!

I've booked an early pregnancy scan today cause I know I wont get one on the NHS and waiting until I'm 12 weeks is just too much!

What should I expect?

I had a private scan last week at 7+3. Make sure you have a very full bladder. We saw the baby although it was just a blob and didn't at all resemble a baby and in the middle if the blob was a flicker which was the heartbeat. So I would expect that you will see the same. Good luck xx

I had a Nhs scan at 7+1 and there was a little kidney bean with a heartbeat. They did an internal scan for me though which they may do on you also as its early to see with normal ultrasound

I had early scan at about 6 weeks. Will be an internal scan. You will probably see a sac and a little bean with a heartbeat. Exciting!

They also checked my ovaries and lining of uterus to make sure all was as it should be.

Oh yeah they checked everything out. Not sure I'd private will though

I had an early scan at 7 + 1weeks and we saw the baby and it's heartbeat, although just looked like a kidney bean, the yoke sack. Like someone else said, make sure you have a really full bladder as I didn't have to have an internal scan as a result, it's worth the try. Good luck x

I'll be 8+4 according to LMP dates so I'm hoping I'll avoid the internal scan! Hopefully drinking loads before I go will help!

I had a private early scan at 6+5, it was not an internal scan & I would avoid that if possible. We saw a blob with a flicker that was the heartbeat. I had another one at 10 weeks where he resembled a baby!x

I had one at what I thought was 7+5 but they said I was 6+4 (but I still refuse to believe that). My scan was external, and I struggled not to pee myself from the full bladder and pressure she was putting on my belly! Anyway, saw the little ball of 'fluff' and the flashing heartbeat. Internal scans are fine, just a bit uncomfortable as they manoeuvre the wand around.

Be careful about the drinking loads! I drank 2 1/2 pints before mine as went to the loo first thing and I've now ended up giving myself a urinary infection cause my bladder was so full and I held too long/ only part emptied my bladder before the scan.

God knows why I decided two 1/2 pints was ok! Stupidly excessive

Just check the follow up with a private scan as some just refer you back to the NHS if they find something. I had a NHS EPU scan at 7+2 for bleeding and they put me back to 6 weeks (which turned out to be wrong and my dates were spot on). I had a really full bladder and because of my raised BMI had an internal scan and I had to empty my huge bladder for my uterus to be even found. I saw a little minute dot with the heart beating and the yolk sac was seen. Told it was a viable pregnancy and no reason for the bleed seen. They try and see your ovaries but coudn't view mine (I just laughed and said they must be there as the baby wouldn't be here otherwise). I was almost in tears with the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back