Early Pregnancy Bleeding

Baby2loading

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and looking for support,advice, answers? I don't know, I'm a little lost : I found out I was pregnant tues 23rd Feb, making me 5 weeks that day. Friday 26th I started bleeding, quite heavy, enough for a pad to be worn. No clots. I've continued to bleed at varying degrees ever since, 6 days now. I went to hospital on Sunday and had an early scan yesterday. My HCG was 550 (which I felt was low, but apparently not so low to assume mc) a yolk sac could be seen and what they think is the fetal pole but no heartbeat, only 6 weeks so booked in for another scan on 17th March.

I'm absolutely not dealing with the anxiety of waiting to find out whether I'm mc or not. I have to wait another 15 days to see if there's a heartbeat. I'm not holding out much hope and have resigned myself to the thought I've mc. The hospital have said I'm currently still pregnant, the bleed is unexplained and it's now just a waiting game.

Has anyone else been through this? I don't understand how I could bleed so much for so long and the baby be okay. If there's a heartbeat at 8wk2d scan will they scan me regularly from there on? Has anyone bled a lot and gone on to have a normal pregnancy from second trimester?

Sorry it's such a long post I'm just desperately trying to scavenge some hope.

X

Poor thing. You must feel awful.
I haven't bled a lot - just tiny spots twice so far, which clear up after one toilet visit.
I know, however, that some ladies on here have absolutely bled throughout pregnancies! One lady at work said she had full on periods every month whilst pregnant with both of her children.
However, to be completely honest, you mustn't give up hope, but prepare yourself as well. I also know that if the blood doesn't calm down, it can mean something isn't quite right. Unfortunately, the waiting game does not help IN THE SLIGHTEST. In fact it makes it worse, but you don't need me to tell you that.
What I would say is that when I had a miscarriage, I was bleeding non stop. I didn't know I was pregnant; I just thought I was having a VERY heavy period. I was losing clots and literally couldn't control it. Not to scare you, but I think it's important to be completely honest.
I think you still have reason to hope, unless it gets any worse, but so hoping for you that it doesn't :)
Contact The Miscarriage Association. They are fantastic and may be able to give you more peace of mind during the 'limbo' period.
Hope this makes sense and that I haven't scared you silly or made you feel worse. One thing I wanted when I had a miscarriage and during pregnancy was that people told me the truth and facts where possible.

Hope it helps, even a little. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back