Early Pregnancy Bleeding

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Baby2loading, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Baby2loading

Baby2loading New Member

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and looking for support,advice, answers? I don't know, I'm a little lost :help:: I found out I was pregnant tues 23rd Feb, making me 5 weeks that day. Friday 26th I started bleeding, quite heavy, enough for a pad to be worn. No clots. I've continued to bleed at varying degrees ever since, 6 days now. I went to hospital on Sunday and had an early scan yesterday. My HCG was 550 (which I felt was low, but apparently not so low to assume mc) a yolk sac could be seen and what they think is the fetal pole but no heartbeat, only 6 weeks so booked in for another scan on 17th March.

I'm absolutely not dealing with the anxiety of waiting to find out whether I'm mc or not. I have to wait another 15 days to see if there's a heartbeat. I'm not holding out much hope and have resigned myself to the thought I've mc. The hospital have said I'm currently still pregnant, the bleed is unexplained and it's now just a waiting game.

Has anyone else been through this? I don't understand how I could bleed so much for so long and the baby be okay. If there's a heartbeat at 8wk2d scan will they scan me regularly from there on? Has anyone bled a lot and gone on to have a normal pregnancy from second trimester?

Sorry it's such a long post I'm just desperately trying to scavenge some hope.

X