Early positive

mummybear2

Reaction score
Hello! First time poster!
I got a positive pregnancy test yesterday morning. Going by my last period I should be 4 weeks on Sunday, but my periods range from 24-28 days so I am probably already 4 weeks. I got a good positive, it showed up right away and have been feeling very tired, a bit nauseous, headaches and crampy. This is my second pregnancy, my daughter is almost 4.
I just don’t know how I am going to keep myself from going insane knowing so early! A part of me wishes I hadn’t tested, but really I already knew I was.
How do you cope when you find out so soon? Obviously I am worrying about miscarriage and know there’s nothing I can do, what will be, will be. I’m trying no to let myself get too excited!

Getting ahead of myself here but how long do you wait to tell your children they are going to be a big brother or sister? 12 weeks?

Hello! First time poster!
I got a positive pregnancy test yesterday morning. Going by my last period I should be 4 weeks on Sunday, but my periods range from 24-28 days so I am probably already 4 weeks. I got a good positive, it showed up right away and have been feeling very tired, a bit nauseous, headaches and crampy. This is my second pregnancy, my daughter is almost 4.
I just don’t know how I am going to keep myself from going insane knowing so early! A part of me wishes I hadn’t tested, but really I already knew I was.
How do you cope when you find out so soon? Obviously I am worrying about miscarriage and know there’s nothing I can do, what will be, will be. I’m trying no to let myself get too excited!

Getting ahead of myself here but how long do you wait to tell your children they are going to be a big brother or sister? 12 weeks?
Hey! I got my first faint positive on Tuesday! Every test since has been positive Period is due tomorrow! Waiting til Sunday to do my digital test! I totally feel you on how hard it is knowing early! I’m so worried it’s going to end up being a chemical or miscarriage! I’m 4 weeks today! I’ve charted and opkd this month so I know my dates for sure! Been feeling all the same symptoms as you and this is also my second, my son is 7! were you trying? My son was a surprise so it was all very new! This time we were actively trying for half a year so really really want this to be my sticky bean!

If my period stays away and my digital is good I will be joining August mummies on Sunday!

I’m hoping to get an early scan just before Xmas and if everything is fine we might tell family including my son on Xmas day! I’d be 7 weeks 5 days then which I know is early but my son is very intuitive, I wouldn’t be surprised if he figures it out before then lol! I don’t know if I’d tell him so soon if he was younger though! But I think it’s personal choice! The 12 week rule seems so shaming to me! But that’s just me xxx

Hey! I got my first faint positive on Tuesday! Every test since has been positive Period is due tomorrow! Waiting til Sunday to do my digital test! I totally feel you on how hard it is knowing early! I’m so worried it’s going to end up being a chemical or miscarriage! I’m 4 weeks today! I’ve charted and opkd this month so I know my dates for sure! Been feeling all the same symptoms as you and this is also my second, my son is 7! were you trying? My son was a surprise so it was all very new! This time we were actively trying for half a year so really really want this to be my sticky bean!

If my period stays away and my digital is good I will be joining August mummies on Sunday!

I’m hoping to get an early scan just before Xmas and if everything is fine we might tell family including my son on Xmas day! I’d be 7 weeks 5 days then which I know is early but my son is very intuitive, I wouldn’t be surprised if he figures it out before then lol! I don’t know if I’d tell him so soon if he was younger though! But I think it’s personal choice! The 12 week rule seems so shaming to me! But that’s just me xxx

Thank you for replying and a huge congratulations! I will keep my fingers crossed for us both.

My period, if going by 24 day cycle should have been on Tuesday if 28 day cycle due tomorrow. I keep praying there’s no blood when I go to the bathroom and wipe!

I’m going to get myself another test tomorrow just to make sure the line is darker... I don’t think I will relax at all this time around since my first was perfectly healthy I worry my luck will run out, silly I know!

I wasn’t trying but still super excited. My little girl can’t wait to be a big sister so I honestly can’t wait to tell her, if everything goes well. Her birthday is February so I would love to tell her then, I think I will be about 13 weeks then... but I got horrendous all day sickness with her and if it happens this time around I may tell her sooner. I don’t think I could hide it.

It’s nice to chat about it! Only told my partner and my best friend who had her second 6 months ago.

Thank you for replying and a huge congratulations! I will keep my fingers crossed for us both.

My period, if going by 24 day cycle should have been on Tuesday if 28 day cycle due tomorrow. I keep praying there’s no blood when I go to the bathroom and wipe!

I’m going to get myself another test tomorrow just to make sure the line is darker... I don’t think I will relax at all this time around since my first was perfectly healthy I worry my luck will run out, silly I know!

I wasn’t trying but still super excited. My little girl can’t wait to be a big sister so I honestly can’t wait to tell her, if everything goes well. Her birthday is February so I would love to tell her then, I think I will be about 13 weeks then... but I got horrendous all day sickness with her and if it happens this time around I may tell her sooner. I don’t think I could hide it.

It’s nice to chat about it! Only told my partner and my best friend who had her second 6 months ago.
I’ve got my fingers crossed for you too! I totally know what you mean about feeling like your luck will run out! Especially when you see so many people struggling and you think ‘surely that will happen to me too’ you know?!
I’ve been checking for blood constantly!!! Every time I wipe I breath a sigh of relief! And I know it sounds stupid but I get scared every time I need to go number 2!
Omg you will do sooooo well to keep it a secret til February!!!! That would be an amazing birthday present for her! My son is desperate to be a brother too!

I didn’t get sick until around week 7 with my son and only lasted til week 13! They say sickness is worse with girls! Who knows?!
I just told my OH yesterday after 3 days of keeping it from him to be sure lol! And have told 3 of my closest friends because they knew we were trying! Not telling anyone else though xxx

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you too! I totally know what you mean about feeling like your luck will run out! Especially when you see so many people struggling and you think ‘surely that will happen to me too’ you know?!
I’ve been checking for blood constantly!!! Every time I wipe I breath a sigh of relief! And I know it sounds stupid but I get scared every time I need to go number 2!
Omg you will do sooooo well to keep it a secret til February!!!! That would be an amazing birthday present for her! My son is desperate to be a brother too!

I didn’t get sick until around week 7 with my son and only lasted til week 13! They say sickness is worse with girls! Who knows?!
I just told my OH yesterday after 3 days of keeping it from him to be sure lol! And have told 3 of my closest friends because they knew we were trying! Not telling anyone else though xxx

I know! I’m thinking now how far away February is! I don’t even know how to get through the next few weeks let alone months!

Christmas sounds like a lovely time to let everyone know though. Especially for your son. 7 is a great age as well, you’ll get so much help! My partners daughter is turning 9 next month so we will have a great pair of helpers too.

I have heard sickness is worse with girls. It will be interesting to see the differences this time around!

Congratulations;)

I found out really early too, but I think I must have ovulated earlier than I thought. I kept testing until I saw the test line get so dark. Problem is I kept spending so much money on tests .... so I have given that up now...

As I MC before the EPU saw me immediately and I had a scan so no heart beat yet but at-least I know the pregnancy is in the right place :)

sending you lots of positive energy, I think we conceived on the same cycle.

Congratulations;)

I found out really early too, but I think I must have ovulated earlier than I thought. I kept testing until I saw the test line get so dark. Problem is I kept spending so much money on tests .... so I have given that up now...

As I MC before the EPU saw me immediately and I had a scan so no heart beat yet but at-least I know the pregnancy is in the right place :)

sending you lots of positive energy, I think we conceived on the same cycle.

Thank you! I’m 5 + 3 today I feel so nauseous so I’m not too worried about things progressing. I know it’s still early days and will feel so much better after my scan in February.

Congratulations to you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back