Early Morning Feed

BabyLove

Reaction score
Edited Due To Confusion About What I Was Asking :lol: xx

So is she being fed at midnight then waking at 1am wanting a feed again?

Yep.. Or She Stays Awake After The Midnight Feed Just Looking Around Then Starts To "Root" For Food and Cry about 1am

.. After Reading a Few Posts Iv Realised That Im Actually Really Lucky That Shes In a Routine So Early & That Maybe I Should Just Give Her a Feed. Apart From That One Feed Shes Brill & She Would Want Food If She Didnt Need It So I Guess I'll Give Herr An Extra Feed Maybe? :)

Do what you feel is right hun. If she is staying awake at these times its possible she has day and night mixed up. Maddison satyed awake through the night and slept all day but sorted herself out around 2/3 weeks :hug:

She's so tiny yet Carly - I'm breastfeeding so not sure about formula feeding and times - but still, I would feed her on demand when she's so small. Don't get worried about times etc - just follow your baby's lead and she'll set her own pattern eventually.

Valentine Xxx

I Cant Give Her More Formula Because It Will Disrupt Her Other Feed's & If I Give In & Feed Her Before 3am It Will Also Disrupt The Other Feed's & Mess Up Her Routine

I really wouldn't be that concerned about keeping her in a strict routine, she's only a week old. In my personal opinion if she wants food then give it to her :)

i thought formula was feed-on-demand also?
or if u wanna stick to routines and times could u try that special milk for hungry babies? (check if such a young baby can have it first tho i wouldnt kno as dont kno much about formula)

trixipaws said:
i thought formula was feed-on-demand also?
or if u wanna stick to routines and times could u try that special milk for hungry babies? (check if such a young baby can have it first tho i wouldnt kno as dont kno much about formula)

It is, Carly feed her when she asks for it - babies routines change frequently and so do their eating habits. Even us formula mums have to demand feed - I do now - dont try and put her in a routine cos she will ask for food when she wants it. Y ou can be up 4 times a night plus mre at this early stage giving the odd ounce here and there. :D

Sorry Carly I didnt mean to sound like Hitler either!!! if its a problem distinguishing night from day get as much formula into her during day as babies have a quote of howmuch milk they need and try feeding her in your room with lights dimmed/off and quiet time - she will soon get it when its bed time. :D it does get easier I promise :hug:

Nooooooooo She Hasnt Got a Strict Routine :shock: Id Never Do That.

She Just Wakes Every 3 Hours Of Her Own Accord. If She Woke Every 2 She'd Get Fed Every 2. I Was Just Curious Why She Became Unsettled Only Between 12-3am. Last Night Was The First & Only Time That I Tried To Make Her Last Until 3am To Keep Up What Has Been Naturally Happening Since Birth But Tonight Its Back To Normal & She'll Get Fed When She Stirs Between 12-3am. Its Odd That Its The Same Time Every Night. Iv Never Put Her Into a Routine Iv Just Been Really Lucky Lol

Sorry But Everyones Read This Thread Totally Wrong :think:

awww she will settle when shes ready too, 4oz is good though! sorry I didnt mean to sound like a bitch! just let her have her food when she wants it, at around 8 weeks you should start to notice the routine get more solid, im giving this advice based on my girl has formuls too :D

Thanks Hun :) and No You Didnt Sound Like a Bitch Lol.. But I Havnt Done Anything To Encourage a Routine - She Was Just Born & Started Rooting For Food Every 3 Hours and Not Before. I Didnt Even Realise That Was Good For a Newborn Until I Read Others Experiences. She Wakes For Food & Gets Fed :) x

:hug: :hug: it sounds like your doing a great job carly and you are lucky her settling too food every 3 hours and taking 4 oz! im a bit jealous, she sounds happy and contented and that your getting a bit of sleep! :hug:

Thanks Hun Im Really Pleased To Read That Someone Else Has Had a Baby Who Naturally Wakes For Feed's Every 3 Hours.. Everyone Else Seems To Be 1-2 Hours :) I Think She Just Gets Hungrier At Night For Some Reason & Starts Waking For Feeds Every 2 - 2 1/2 Hours :) Im Lucky Really As I Get Lots Of Time & Sleep! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back