Early labour signs?

love87

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me signs of early labour? With my first my waters went first and contractions started a couple of hours later. Didn't get a bloody show until after waters went either. The last couple of days I have had a lot of tightenings. Tonight I have felt nauseated and I'm now having menstral type pains/cramps. Feels like I need a poo (sorry TMI) but I don't have to go. I'm also peeing every 20 mins or so! Could this be the start or is it wishful thinking? Im 38+1. TIA

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

I think it *might* be wishful thinking. Only because I've had the same as you for the last week and a half and so far... Nothing!!!!

My baby is now very low - she's been 3/5 engaged last few weeks, I think she's fully now though. I'm peeing ALL the time, even just a dribble, and there's so much pressure down there. I've started losing a lot (and I mean a lot!) of plug yesterday, followed by more painful period aches... Still bugger all!!!

With my son, I started very regular tightenings on the Thursday night and got so excited. No pain. Went to sleep, woke with nothing! It did this every night until the Monday morning when I woke up with the tightenings, and then they finally meant something! The only other "sign" I had that time was my loss of plug, too. But I didn't even lose as much then as I have so far this time!

By the way - if you're getting the same as me and this turns into a baby for you soon, I will literally turn green :lol:

Sounds like it could it. Have you called the delivery suit? Hope this is the beginning for you x

This is what I had in early labour but I was induced.

Make sure your bags packed and time the tightenings and see how you get on.

Fx for you xxx

Nope, it's nothing! Still having tightenings this morning but no cramps. Still peeing every 20 to 30 minutes and having some serious fanny daggers. I think it's just baby moving further down into my pelvis. Lots of movements so she is happy in there. Only thing I have noticed is an increase in discharge. Will keep you all posted if it progresses any further. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Even if you're not in labour yet, it is all a good sign that things are moving in the right direction.

My last labour I lost my plug 4 days before I went into labour and the night before I was up every hour feeling like I needed a poo but not able to and getting BH and backache every time I lay down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back