Early labour signs?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by love87, May 16, 2016.

1. love87

love87 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me signs of early labour? With my first my waters went first and contractions started a couple of hours later. Didn't get a bloody show until after waters went either. The last couple of days I have had a lot of tightenings. Tonight I have felt nauseated and I'm now having menstral type pains/cramps. Feels like I need a poo (sorry TMI) but I don't have to go. I'm also peeing every 20 mins or so! Could this be the start or is it wishful thinking? Im 38+1. TIA

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

2. Tigger87

Tigger87 Well-Known Member

I think it *might* be wishful thinking. Only because I've had the same as you for the last week and a half and so far... Nothing!!!!

My baby is now very low - she's been 3/5 engaged last few weeks, I think she's fully now though. I'm peeing ALL the time, even just a dribble, and there's so much pressure down there. I've started losing a lot (and I mean a lot!) of plug yesterday, followed by more painful period aches... Still bugger all!!!

With my son, I started very regular tightenings on the Thursday night and got so excited. No pain. Went to sleep, woke with nothing! It did this every night until the Monday morning when I woke up with the tightenings, and then they finally meant something! The only other "sign" I had that time was my loss of plug, too. But I didn't even lose as much then as I have so far this time!

By the way - if you're getting the same as me and this turns into a baby for you soon, I will literally turn green :lol:

3. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could it. Have you called the delivery suit? Hope this is the beginning for you x

4. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

This is what I had in early labour but I was induced.

Make sure your bags packed and time the tightenings and see how you get on.

Fx for you xxx

5. love87

love87 Well-Known Member

Nope, it's nothing! Still having tightenings this morning but no cramps. Still peeing every 20 to 30 minutes and having some serious fanny daggers. I think it's just baby moving further down into my pelvis. Lots of movements so she is happy in there. Only thing I have noticed is an increase in discharge. Will keep you all posted if it progresses any further. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

6. Maud

Maud Well-Known Member

Even if you're not in labour yet, it is all a good sign that things are moving in the right direction.

My last labour I lost my plug 4 days before I went into labour and the night before I was up every hour feeling like I needed a poo but not able to and getting BH and backache every time I lay down.

#6 Maud, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016