Early labor?? Help!! X

Xjess1990

Reaction score
Hey ladies! So I am 39weeks and 4 days, due date 3/1/17 just 3 days away! 2 days ago I had a membrane sweep midwife said cervix was soft and stretchy. After the sweep I had a little spotting. The next day in the morning went to the toilet and when I wiped I had a lot of brown blood and wiped again and like a brown tiny bit of jelly. Was then getting strong period cramps with low back ache all through out the day on and off but the back ache was constant. Eased off when I went to bed then woke up at 6am this morning with strong period pain low back ache and tightening I thought It had started! I went to the loo and had a constant belly ache have been toilet 3 times this morning (poo) sorry tmi lol. Had lots of tightenings this morning aswell not painful just uncomfortable. What do we think? Anyone experienced this? I phoned midwife at hospital she just said it doesn't sound like I'm in established labor yet she said to see how I go today? Just confuse is this the first stage?

Sounds like you had a show to me, I had that with my last born, a bit of blood mixed with lots of ewcm, then cramps and bowels empty in preparation. Sounds like it could be the early start of labour. Good luck. xx

Sounds like you had a show to me, I had that with my last born, a bit of blood mixed with lots of ewcm, then cramps and bowels empty in preparation. Sounds like it could be the early start of labour. Good luck. xx

Thank you I'm still not sure as the contractions are irregular and have actually eased off now. So confused. X

It could well be the start of labour but it can also stop and start for a few days when its at that stage. I'd say try and keep your energy up. Eat drink and rest regularly incase it's a false alarm or labour turns out to be long. Walking helped to speed thingsup for me when I was in slow labour.

I was in early labour for 9 days had all of what your describing. Hopefully you don't have it for 9 days lol. Hope it goes well good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back