early induction...your experience?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by lio, Nov 28, 2007.

1. lio

lio Well-Known Member

I am having an early induction on Monday due to Obstetric cholestatis... And i am terryfied that it's going to be a lot more painful than natural birth...can you tell me about your experiences? Did you get epidural? How long did it last? So scared... :(

2. fothers

fothers Well-Known Member

maybe post this in the ask a mum section- they might be more useful

Hope it all goes ok :hug:

3. elaine22

elaine22 Well-Known Member

hi I was induced at 38+6 due to suspected IUGR. I didn't find it too bad - the contractions were quite intense and built up quickly but I coped with just gas and air - labour progressed too quickly for me to have pethidine (but this isn't always the case). There will be a long wait after they insert the first pessary so make sure you have enough to eat and drink (and have a wee) and change into whatever you want to give birth in before they insert the drip as I did none of these and ended up v hungry, desperate for loo and wearing a top that made me very hot :D

I'm sure it'll be fine - plus at least you know when baby is coming so no worry about giving birth in the car! :D

4. wend

wend Well-Known Member