Early dating scan

kj1

Reaction score
Hi ladies, does anyone know when the earliest is I can go for a dating scan? Going by my last LMP I’m currently almost 9 weeks pregnant, although I know for a fact I’m more like 5/6. I have really irregular periods so was advised to go to the early pregnancy centre but they didn’t give me much else to go by? I’m booked in for a nuchal scan on 11th March as they go by LMP dates but I know they’re not correct so want to rearrange the appt ASAP! Thank you x

I would just go to your scan and if you aren’t far enough along they will give you another scan a few weeks later so they can get all the measurements they need.

With my third baby, I was almost in that exact position, LMP would have had me at 8 weeks but I knew when I ovulated so knew I was 5. I said this and they said if I was totally sure then they’d go with my dates.
With my first two children I had early scans at 5 or 6 weeks. This pregnancy I had one at 6+4 and saw heartbeat.

I would go anytime after 6 weeks so you will be sure to see a heartbeat.
i went at 7 weeks and I see my little bean and a heartbeat. Don’t go too early because this will make you anxious x

If you know you're behind, you should be able to go by your own dates for your nuchal. You won't see a heartbeat on am early scan until 6 weeks and some people can't see it until 7, so best not to have a scan before then.

Thanks ladies. I don’t know the exact dates but I have a rough idea...I think I’ll change my nuchal scan now as per my dates and maybe for piece of mind go to the EPU for an early scan in a few weeks time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back