Early back pain?

Selly

Reaction score
Hi all

I had my first BFP on Wednesday and my boyfriend and I are super excited, not ideal though as still waiting for my divorce to finalise!

On Wednesday night I had awful headaches which thankfully haven't returned since. But then on thursday night I stated getting awful lower back pain which meant that I didn't sleep all through the night, which is very unlike me, and was in so much pain at work on Friday.

I've found the only positions not too painful are to sit up or to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs, but can only do the latter if I'm on my firm sofa with back support. The only problem is that then my hip gets uncomfortable after a while on the sofa.

So I've just managed 2 hours sleep and now typing this sitting up wondering when I'll feel ok to lie down again!

This seems like madness so early on and to be in so much pain/so tired from it. I'm so scared that this is only going to get worse once bump arrives (*touch wood*).

Is anyone else in a similar position?! Or been through this and it got better?!

Maybe you should contact your doctors. You might have a UTI and need antibiotics x

Hi I'm almost 9 weeks and when I first found out it was at 10dpo so pretty early I had a lot of lower Back ache I was convinced it was my period coming however apparently it is just your body adjusting and preparing for babies home for 9 months I had a scan at 7 weeks due to a previous ectopic and all was fine. If you are worried maybe contact your EPU xx

I had lower back ache also when I first found out for about a week. But not as severe as yours sounds. Hopefully it will go away by itself, but I would go and see a doctor if it's that severe, that you can't sleep. It may be something not related to the pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks all!

Went to see a doctor yesterday and no signs of UTI, he thinks it's just muscular. My years of not exercising must finally be catching up with me!

Both him and the nurse encouraged me to take parcetamol which I had been avoiding, which seems to be taking the edge off so actually 6 hours sleep last night 😊

Here's hoping the rest of the first trimester goes without a hitch! 🙈

I was actually hoping there a was a post about back pain. I had my bfp yesterday at 10dpo and ever since have had severe lower back pain (I already have 2 slipped discs so this is making it worse)...i had to have physio when i was pregnant with my little boy for my back and spd but the back pain didn't start this early.
Don't take this the wrong way but glad it's not just me as I thought i was going mad having it so bad this soon.
Hope the pain stops soon for u hun xx

Last edited:
Do you have a tilted uterus? My back was bad at the start and they thought it was my uterus lying on my siatic nerve. It's got getter but still sore.

I'm not sure to be honest. It was crazy how quickly the pain started xx

Hi Bellarina - I know what you mean! My bf was like, could it be pschological as so soon after BFP! That did not go down well ��

I'd never heard of SPD before - my Pilates teacher (had to cancel classes I'd only started a few weeks ago) was great in giving me a ton of advice over the phone yesterday and suggested it might be SPD. She runs pregnancy Pilates, so really hoping all goes well so can start that after 12 week scan.

Are you having trouble sleeping with it?

Xxx

Yea spd and pgp can occur surprisingly early. I've had spd in a few of my pregnancies. My classic 1st symptom is pain going down my legs too.

Last edited:
Yes I haven't slept very well...and because I'm walking differently to make up for back and leg pain I'm subconsciously holding stomach in (man it's bloated right out!) So my stomach is aching when i do it too. The back pain has eased very slightly today so I'm not wincing as much which I'm grateful for. Got a feeling ok need physio earlier with this one tho if I'm getting this already.
How r all you girls ? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back