Earliest you can test

trevinosbaby

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I'm now have offical missed my af. I'm about 4 days late. When did you test and get a postive? I'm curious cause last month I spotted and had symptoms of pregnancy but I've come up negative on all test including the most recent on last wednesday. When thursday came I expected af since I'm negative but no af. So when do you think I should test? My symptoms have increased. I have increased gas, I can't fit into my 10s comfortably, my naseau has increased dramaticly :oops: , my breasts are constantly erect, aching, sore, and heavy. My viens are popping out a bit in the breasts and the bumps have been appearing. Among other things which I'll spare you about. But the main question is when I should test?

~~Kris~~

Hi Kris,

I did lots of tests, i think i did 7 in all. i did 4 expensive tests, I.e clear blue etc, and all came back negative even thought i was 2 days late.
When i was 4 days late i did a cheap 2.99 one called "On-call" cos i was sick of spending money on £10 tests, anyway that came back BFP, to confirm i went to asda and got a double pack of asda's own for 6.99 and they both came back BFP.
My advice is try the cheaper ones they seem more sensitive and alot cheaper!!!!

Good luck and keep us informed

Yvonne

Hi,

I did 3 tests when i was 6 days late, two cheap ones and one clear blue, all 3 were positive. I did one cheap one on the sixth day then the next day i did one cheap on (which was a bit faint) so did a clear blue one, which showed positive before i had even finished weeing on it!!!!

Have you tested again yet????

Natalie x

Hi Yvonne and Natalie,
No I haven't tested yet. My bf wants to wait until saturday to test again. We're pretty sure that I am. This way I'll be over a week late and hopefully will get a positive. I'll let you know what we get though. Fingers crossed for a positive...

~~Kris~~

My gawd I couldn't wait! I went through so many tests, even when I got positives I was still testing :lol:

Trust me I'm having a hard time waiting. It may change when we do it. I think he's main reasoning...is we're both off on saturday. What tests did you use,rosieroo? And how long till you came up positive?

Hi

I did 3 tests that came up positive 3 days before my period was due. I used tesco hpt and an asda one. They are cheaper and more sensitive

I would also advise use one that is a test like a plastic stick, when i 1st took my test i used 1st response like strips of paper and they were crap... anything but 1st response worked for me....but i suppose every1 is different xx

The first response ones did not work dor me either, they came up negative whilst the plastic ones came up positive and im definately positive.

xx

Hi Jo Jo!

I know what you mean boooo to the Rirst Response Tests they are horrible... Good luck with your pregnancy... When r u due?

Love Danielle and Bubble xx

i was told to wait 8 days after af was due and then i got a positive straight away

trevinosbaby said:
Trust me I'm having a hard time waiting. It may change when we do it. I think he's main reasoning...is we're both off on saturday. What tests did you use,rosieroo? And how long till you came up positive?

HI :)

I came up positive 3 days before AF was due using Ebay cheapies, followed by a First Response 2 days before AF was due. I had negatie results when I tested at 5 days before AF was due and my first positive results were very faint.

I waited til 10 days after my missed period and used an ebay cheapie and it was positive only did the one,the symptoms were enuff proof for me

Thank you so much ladies. You've been a big help. We're still waiting till Saturday but it's killing me. I'm pretty sure that I am. I went to the dr the day before af was due but got a negative. I'm starting to think I'm one of those werid cases. But I didn't miss until now just the last 'af' was spotting though. We'll see..fingers crossed :)

~~Kris~~

Well ladies,

We didn't test until the evening time and I just got home from my bf's but the news is...............

It was faint but a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're thinking I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant before I got a positive....I was expecting a negative and re-read the instructions serveral times to make sure.

~~Kris~~

Kris,

Thats superb, congratulations!!

good luck with it and i'll speak soon on the pregnancy page!!!
yippee!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

I did a second test this morning.......It's still BFP. Its funny cause the back line is faint but the middle line that makes the positive sign is a dark blue..So I am definetly pregnant. ^_^ :)

Which tests have you used?

its such an amazing feeling isn't it.

keep us posted on you progress

:D :D :D :D :D

I used e.p.t Home Pregnancy Test +/- . It came with three tests. My bf is exicited about being a daddy. I kinda wish it didn't take so long for me to come up positive. Our next obstacle is my parents and setting up an appt.

i know the feeling no one knows about us yet, it is my second baby and i'm gonna leave it til after the 12 week scan.

Do work know you've been trying? this is my biggest worry- telling work, i have only been there 7 months!!!

i keep putting it off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back