Earl Grey tea

Moofa

Reaction score
Ok Is it true that I can no longer drink tea? (I had one this morning though).

So would it be ok to get de-caf Earl Grey tea bags to have instead?

Mx

i still drink tea hun
its the caffine in it they say no more then 6 cups a day of tea
and i think its 3 a day for coffee
i sometimes have more then that though if im out and about
same goes for coke because of the caffine try to get the diet versions if you can
manda xx

Decaf is good :) While they say you don't need to cut out all caffiene, I figure it can't be bad to switch to de caf. I've been drinking decaf EG tea for ages and the bog standard tea has now also been traded in for decaf. Mind you, saying that I've gone right off tea all together now. I'm on to de caf coffee instead.

I don't drink any fizzy drinks so don't have that worry. Its not the caffeine in some of them but what the fizziness does to the gut lining that bothers me :puke: Puts me right off drinking them :roll:

Sherlock said:
Decaf is good :) While they say you don't need to cut out all caffiene, I figure it can't be bad to switch to de caf. I've been drinking decaf EG tea for ages and the bog standard tea has now also been traded in for decaf. Mind you, saying that I've gone right off tea all together now. I'm on to de caf coffee instead.

I don't drink any fizzy drinks so don't have that worry. Its not the caffeine in some of them but what the fizziness does to the gut lining that bothers me :puke: Puts me right off drinking them :roll:

Thanks, will go and get some decaf bags this evening.

I don't drink fizzy drinks as it is bad for cellulite- a bit late for me but don't want to make it worse! :rotfl:

Moofa said:
Thanks, will go and get some decaf bags this evening.

I don't drink fizzy drinks as it is bad for cellulite- a bit late for me but don't want to make it worse! :rotfl:

BTW, congratulations on your pregnancy :) :cheer:

Hehe, bit late for me also :roll: But decaf has got to be better all round for baby and you. I don't plan on going back to caffeinated at all now. I feel so much better for cutting out these things.

:oops: well I've been drinking earl grey ordinary caffeinated tea all the way through... but it doesn't have a lot of caffeine in it... I've avoided coffee like the plague, and will only have coffee if its decaffeinated.

I can't say that the baby goes mad after I drink a cup of Tea... but if I drink something like coke, or Sprite, she goes mental... so the sugar and caffeine in those drinks must be by far worse for her... :think:

Thanks I have only had 2 cups today.

My DH reluctantly made me one this morning (reluctant in worry not in making me tea) even though I was due for AF today and i said if I hadn't tested early we wouldn't have known anyway :hug:

Luckily my colleague knows not to make me coffee as it upsets my bladder and so I provide my own tea bags so she won't notice they are de-caf. Having to hide my news until I have nuchal scan in January.

Mx

Apparently there is one school of thought that says you shouldn't drink decaf during pregnancy as the chemicals used to remove the caffeine haven't been researched properly in regard to the effect to pregnant women.

Personally I have cut back on my tea, but I do still have 2 - 3 cups a day, and if its in the evening I have decaf.

The advice is so conflicting - I believe everything in moderation is fine...!

Tea is fine in moderation. I didn't drink any in early pregnancy but that's only because I went off it. Now I drink probably 1 or 2 cups a day (usually 1) of Cranberry flavour Green Tea. I don't ever drink normal (black) tea or coffee either :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back