ear Piercing.. babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee1985

Reaction score
hi was just wondering what all your thoughts are on piercing lil girls ears?
i got Diors done yesterday i felt sooooo bad watching her get her injections didnt bother me atall as i no there for the best but watching her get her ears pierced knowing it was all down to me was real hard. Dior sat there playing and talking to the lady then 2woman at the same time pierced each ear dior screamed i was ready to kill the 2woman lol.. they do look sooooo cute thou there 2 lil pink dimonds she looks like a girl now lol seems she has a complete bold head..dior is 10months i got mine done when i was 6weeks, and my sister when she was 3months?

what are your views on it?

No offence but personally I think it's cruel to put babies through all that pain...what if they became infected???

i personally wouldnt do it as i was bad enough wen i had mine done but i do think that lil girls ears that have peicered ears are to cute lol

i think it is digusting and think it should be made illegal what gives anyone the right to hurt their baby

I wouldn't do it. I think it should be up to the child to decide if they want it done and for it to be done at an appropriate age. Sorry Dionne :(

Sorry but i agree - i think i is digusting to have a babies ears pierced - :x
what right do you have to do that to a kid! at least injections are possibly life saving. Ear piercing is just cosmetic for the mother. i remember how sore my ears were and how they got infected a couple of years ago.
It should be left until he/she is old enough to decide for them selves.
What if she grabs her ears or catches them on a blanket or a toy...
Sorry to be harsh ..i think it should be banned for anyone under the age of 13yrs. :evil:

Sorry but me too - I was 9 when I had my ears pierced which I felt was about the right time, I was old enough to make the decision and to look after them myself etc. Babies with earings don't look nice :(

Really sorry Dionne, but I have to agree with the others. I'm not at all against piercing or any other body art, but I do feel it should be left up to the person to decide.

I had my daughters ears pierced when she was 10 months old, but looking back on the photos of her I wish I had waited until she was older. It looks so 'cheap', and I can't believe I put her through that pain for cosmetic reasons. I had mine done when I was 5, and I can still remember it, so I think that is about the right age. I had asked for it to be done for my fifth birthday, and can also still remember begging my mum!!!

Hypnorm - wait till you have a 12 year old daughter and tell her she can't have it done till she is 13!!!! :lol: Not easy telling them anything at that age!! :shock: I actually agreed to let my daughter have her nose pierced for her 12th birthday, and she loves it and it actually really suits her. She wants her belly doing, but I've banned her until she's at least 14.

If this baby is a girl, I'll definitely be waiting until she's at least 5 before getting her ears pierced. Sorry you're having such negative response Dionne, but you know that we are a bunch of opinionated women!!

I think its wrong and cruel. My mum got mine done when I was very young but I remember it well and I can remember getting my earing caught on my pillow in the night and I sat on the toilet holding my pillow against my ear and I wouldn't let anyone near me to get it off for hours lol I was about 5 or 6 though, not a baby, but I still didnt really want it done.

Seriously though how could anyone want to inflict that sort of pain on a baby and why would you want to put any jewellry on a baby anyway? I think its dangerous, especially the braceletts. they could so easily scratch a babies face.

I also think, like other have posted, that it should be made illegal.

Lou

Thanks for your replies as I did ask for honest opinions but Tommy calm down your going over the top. Child abuse?? get real, your coment is anough to make a mother want to hand her self over to the police. for child abuse.

and Hypnorm it definitely was not for cosmetic reasons more for the fact of Dior would thank me for it as she didn’t have to sit there petrified as I no im glad my mum done mine so young I have no memory of it

that woman don’t want her ears pierced nowa days

sorry but if it wasn't for cosmetic reasons why not wait till she was old enough to ask her self. she might not thank you for it in the future.

Sorry but this thread has made me really angry. you say you are sparing her the memory of the pain - but you are inflicting pain on her now!

Even my husband agrees - "stupid and irresponsible"

I had Charlies done when she was 5 months old, she is now 7 years old.

She doesnt remember a thing and loves them so much.

I think it would be more horrible for her to have them done now coz she would be aware of what was going on and scared.

It stops them looing like babies. I saw a baby once with 3 massive creole ear rings in each ear!! It looked horrendous, and looked dangerous, she could easily have got her hand caught in them...

I have never had them, Charlie is only alowed difffrent coloured studs

Well it’s done now and I don’t regret it, it was hard at the time but im glad it’s done. I spoke to my friend she is my age and always wanted her ears pierced but to scared, my daughter never has to worry now.
They won’t get infected as I will be cleaning them 3 times a day with the lotion like recommended.
Dior cried for a moment but her happy self now and hasn’t even touched them.

we have to make decisions as mums some times there right some times there not, I asked what other ppl thought of it and am happy that I get a truthful response on here
but I didn’t ask for u to get on your high horse and go over the top. And call me "stupid and irresponsible"
so if thats your oppinion fine u have made it

I don't agree with it at all... if a child wants their ears pierced later then fine, and they have to deal with the pain then as part of the choice they make. I don't think "saving them the fear later" is a good enough reason at all. They will feel pain and fear plenty of times in their lives, it makes no difference.

I also happen to think it looks horrible as well, and thats aside from the fact they can get infected or even ripped out out by getting caught on clothing later.

layla thank u so much i was beginning to feel like shit x

i will happily post a picture of my daughter tonight and if u think the lil pink dimonds make her look a mess then fair anuf

dionne said:
i will happily post a picture of my daughter tonight and if u think the lil pink dimonds make her look a mess then fair anuf

It's not that she'll look "a mess" personally when I look at a baby with pierced ears I think "awww what a shame your mommy didn't think you looked beautiful enough as you were and had to inflict pain on you to make you look how she wanted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back