Ear infection/eczema

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by bbee, Jun 18, 2013.

1. bbee

bbee Well-Known Member

I have an ear infection and have done for years. It sounds ridiculous I know but it's true!! It not an ear infection actually in the ear it's just an infection due to eczema on the ear canal that seems to occur all the time :( I have itchy scabby ears constantly, I have fluidy shit coming out of them and all sorts. The problem is I can't treat it a theres nothing safe to use during pregnancy! I've tried e45 cream, gonna try olive oil as some people say that helps but I doubt it will! Does anyone have any recommendations? I honestly can't go another five months of itchy, sore ears!!!!! Just anything that treats eczema what's safe to use? Thank you!!xxx

#1 bbee, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. Jodie_2013

Jodie_2013 Well-Known Member

I had an ear infection two weeks back and doctor gave me drops hun and there are lots of safe antibiotics you can take.
    I decided against ear drops as didn't think it was too bad which is a bit naughty of me but olive oil worked a treat providing you warm it up first xxx

3. C0606

C0606 Well-Known Member

I get it bad on my eyelids and can no longer use the cream I would use pre-pregnancy. You could try something called epiderm cream. You can apply it as a cream, use it as a body wash etc. and it's safe to use. It's made a difference on my eyes, not as good as my hydrocortisone but worth a shot x

4. bbee

bbee Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies!!:)xxx