E cig is amazing

cw25

Reaction score
Well Im a smoker have been for 15 years... I hadnt managed to cut them out completely but I invested in an e cig yesterday and Ive smoked 3 roll ups since :) I know its not amazing as shouldnt be smoking at all but this really is great progress Id encourage others to try one too definately :)

I used my E cig when me and my husband were trying to conceive it really helped me cut down and when I found out it was pregnant it was a lot easier to stop altogether :D x

Welldone for making the change!

I stopped smoking in October after 17 years of smoking and untold numbers of attempts to stop. I used nicotine replacement mostly during my last pregnancy although I did slip up a few times so although getting pregnant is a great trigger for some people to stop, it certainly doesn;t work for everyone.

I am however evangelical about the method I used to stop. 'Alan Carr's easy was to stop smoking' costs around £5 on Amazon (less than a packet of ciggies or a replacement canister for the e-cig). A mate at work went on about it for a year, I read the book to shut him up. Have not smoked since. Don;t even have cravings for it.

It uses a mix of obvious facts and NLP (neuro-linguistinc progamming) to give you all the tools you need to stop smoking. For example 'managed to cut the down' implies a sacrifice, as does quitting or giving up.

I am the last person to judge, as I said, I slipped up more than a few times in my last pregnancy and more by luck than judgement maybe, no harm was done. However I do also know that there is a lot of pressure on pregnant women to stiop smoking and that pressure in itself can be stressful and used as an excuse to carry on - I was nagged for years to stop before I did and it just made me more stubborn that I was going to carry on!

I was using a vapour cig from jan to cut down and quit fags altogether when I got my bfp. Ive since quit the vapour cig too and despite having smoked twenty a day for ten years, ivw only had two hiccups (about three drags each time so not even totalled half a cig :))

Well done you, they were a huge help for me and id have struggled without it x

I couldn't get on with the ecigs at all! I smoked for 10 years and was up over 25 a day. Had my stop smoking appointment on the 18th March; the day of the BFP! I stopped completely using mini lozenges for about a week and nothing since. Surprising what a little life inside you can do! I never would have quit before

Ive never smoked, but well done for reducing that much, keep going with this e-cig ble to quit thingy, sounds like yourll be able to quit althogether very soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back