Dysmenoreah (sp)

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
Anyone else have this?

I started my AF lastnight and was in agony for hours, its ok this morning though as it usually only lasts the first 5-6 hours, but to be honest im getting sick of it.

For those that dont know, its the term used for very painful periods, either primary (no cause) or secondary (as a result of another condition) and its when the cramps go up your back and down the backs of your legs, and in extreme cases like mine can also cause vomiting, confusion and dehydration.

ive decided that once we have a baby im getting a hysterectomy, im sick of periods running my life!!!!!

aww, that sounds horrible GGG! :hug: :hug: :hug:

im lucky i dont even hav periods atm hehe

trixipaws said:
aww, that sounds horrible GGG! :hug: :hug: :hug:

im lucky i dont even hav periods atm hehe

lol im ok now, was just feeling sorry for myself :lol: Thanks for the hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww, I used to have painful periods and was worried that I had endometriosis or something equally as bad that would stop me from conceiving. Turns out I had neither and helped myself with some natural remedies. Might be worth a go for you if things are that painful?

Magnesium OK
Raspberry Leaf Tablets (Holland & Barrett)
Starflower Oil

There was something else but it slips my mind right now. I'll come back and post again when I remember!

I suffer from this and I was always told it would get better after kids..........yeah right!

Since Sam it's been worse. I'm a mess for twenty four hours solid. I get dizzy, disoriented, and I'm in agony.

I've thought about asking them to whip my bits out as well, but I don't fancy an early menpause. :(

My doctor has recommened the Mirena, which can slow periods right down and in some cases stop them.

I'm going to have it fitted when I next get a period. Right now my cycles are all over the place so I'm not sure when that will be....... :?

As for coping now. I wish I could recommend something, I've tried every pill and potion under the sun. Magnesium does seem to help the pain though, so give that a go.......

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Can totally empathise sammystar, ive tried everything under the sun too - I was on depo prevera for 18 months on my doctors recomendation, and while it stopped my periods which was fab, the extreme mood swings and weight gain were NOT worth it :lol:

I did read that it can be a self-fulfilling kind of thing - you expect it to be bad so as soon as you feel the first twinges you tense up, which makes the pain worse, and its a viscous cycle. It makes sense, and ive tried relaxation techniques when I feel it coming on, but when your in so much pain you cant speak its pretty hard to relax :roll: :x :lol:

I might give the Mirena a go once weve had a baby, until then I guess its just dose myself up on nurofen plus and curl up with a hotwater bottle :lol:

me :( had it from 13 until this august

I vomited, passed out, crawled round on my hands and knees etc. Had it in my legs and back - even when in labour I had more pain in my legs than my stomach. I would end up doing my labour breathing to ease it. I thought it was just something you had to cope with. I haven't used any contraception for about 12 years, and wouldn't use hormonal contraception due to family tendencies to DVT etc.

When I had a mc in august, I thought it was just a worse AF. Bizarrely since my mc - my Afs are almost or totally pain free :shock: I worried soemthing was wrong, but I'm back to perfect 28 day cycles, so the doctor says not to worry. Somehow the mc sorted everything out :think: It didn't improve after having my son, so I don't know what happened, but its a small consolation

libs said:
me :( had it from 13 until this august

I vomited, passed out, crawled round on my hands and knees etc. Had it in my legs and back - even when in labour I had more pain in my legs than my stomach. I would end up doing my labour breathing to ease it. I thought it was just something you had to cope with. I haven't used any contraception for about 12 years, and wouldn't use hormonal contraception due to family tendencies to DVT etc.

When I had a mc in august, I thought it was just a worse AF. Bizarrely since my mc - my Afs are almost or totally pain free :shock: I worried soemthing was wrong, but I'm back to perfect 28 day cycles, so the doctor says not to worry. Somehow the mc sorted everything out :think: It didn't improve after having my son, so I don't know what happened, but its a small consolation

Oh yes I know the crawling on hands and knees thing. Ive been rushed to hospital 3 times in the past because Ive been in the company of people who didnt know it was AF, and I couldnt talk properly to tell them not to bother an ambulance - the last time was about 2 years ago and they thought I had a UTI as I had blood in my urine.....umm no that was menstrual blood you morons :roll: :rotfl:

As for the mc thing, I have read that before somewhere but cant remember where...that any change in hormones can change your AF's....also I think sometimes these really bad pains all over can be because you produce too much of the hormone (forget which one) which contracts your muscles to push out the menstruation, the same muscles that you use in labour, hence why it can be as bad as labour pains. I know mine are. Perhaps the mc changed your hormones slightly and balanced them out?

You know the microwavable sausage shaped things with lavendar or wheat in them that you can use instead of hot water bottles? It won't have such an effect that you could call it relief, but I always found it a bit less painful if I use them between my legs and over my stomach and back. And sleep lots - not as a prevention for when you're awake but if you can manage to sleep you won't feel the pain.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back