Dummy free night

MrsR

Reaction score
Well I hate the fact Sebastian still has a dummy at 15 months old. Hated giving him one anyway but he needed the comfort. Anyway I've decided tonight is it! No dummy! I hate the thought of controlled crying, just the concept seems completely alien to me and heartbreaking but i can see it ending up that way! He's currently just babble shouting and not crying but I've set a timer that I'll increase bit by bit. Any tips, words of encouragement or advice?

Goodluck!

My lo is also 15 months And still has a dummy for bedtime..l i dont plan on going cold turkey just yet... It usually drops put when hes fast asleep anyway.

Let us know how u go on!

X

That's the problem Amy-when he loses it in his sleep he's waking up! It can be upwards of 9 times a night sometimes!!!

With controlled crying-if he stops crying for 2/3 minutes or more and then starts again do I restart timer from when he starts crying again?

Ahhh really?

Luckily m doesnt do that.....

God i really dont know.... I hated doing cc but it does work... Id restart it from when he start crying though yeah!!!
Is there anything else he could have for comfort? Ive read about these comfort muslins on someone elses thread but it might be quite hard to introduce now iykwim.....

Xx

He has a teddy that he loves and sleeps with. He's currently chewing his fingers and I'm already going through the 'am I doing the right thing' feelings!!!

Thank you so much for replying by the way xxx

Tegan never had a dummy so haven't got any advise Hun but i hope he doesn't take too much settling! let us know how it goes xx

Well, he started crying about 15 minutes after I posted this so I went up every 5, 6, 7 and 8 minutes and he has now just stopped crying. It was absolutely breaking my heart! I feel sick!!!

Aww :hugs: Hun hope he stays settle for you xx

He's been asleep since I last posted-so 7.31!!! Long may it continue x thank you all :D

I was mean and went cold turkey with getting rid of dummies.
Lacey wasn't really bothered, charley found it hard with day time naps but night time was fine!
I hope he's ok without it tonight xx

Thanks LM! So far so good and I'm def going cold turkey! Dreading naptime tbh!

Yay well done seb!

I may start to think aboutngoi cold turkey too now....eeeekkkk

Well.....it went great until midnight when he woke up. He cried until 1.30 with me going in at increasing intervals (so 5 minutes, 6, 7 etc) eventually I gave in. It was killing me listening to him crying. DH should be home tonight so I will try again when he's here to help and support me x

Sorry it didn't go to plan Hun but atleast he managed half the night, let us know how tonight goes! Xx

Def will! To top it off DD was sick last night and not at school today!

oh no :( so hard, leaving them cry is heart wrenching. he will get there hon adn go easy on yourself. we did full on controlled cryign at about 11 months and it was hard, there was no toehr way LO would sleep apart from in pram so we had to bite the bullet. hes fab now at sleeping. fx you will get there xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back