Due nov 22nd

catherine23

Reaction score
yay a monthly bit!

Im due November 22nd, im 18 weeks today and have huge belly already even though this is my first and im very slim! must have week tummy muscles, have felt the baby move, I love holding my hands over my belly and feeling kicks!

Im having my baby here in Torquay, Natural hopefully and not much pain relief if I can handle it!

Ive bought so much stuff already, even christmas presents for baby.

I just know im having a boy, I had the strongest feeling from about 8 weeks but isent so stong anymore, but im 99% sure! I get to know for sure in 2 weeks!!

Anyone else due near me, anyone else from Torquay? Hope to hear from you all!

Hi,

well I'm due on the 30th November so quite close! I think I'm showing loads as the bump starts somewhere other than a normal tummy but no one has commented yet as I used to be quite a lot fatter than I was before I got pregnant and my clothes are loose! It's solid though not squishy! I'm in Bristol which is not far from you- did you get a 12 week scan as they don't fund one here and it's really bugged me- only three weeks until I can see my baby for real! :) I only heard the heartbeat last week and it was the first moment that it actually hit home that there's a someone inside me- so wierd!

+++

Hiya! Thats sad you didnt get a 12 weeks scan, it really makes everything real! On my pic I was exactly 12 weeks baby looks big already, Ive heard the heartbeat twice now, once at 11 weeks and took ages to find then another at 15 weks and really quick to find!
Have you got your 20 week scan booked? Mine in less than two weeks! so get to find out the sex for sure, scan will probably be alot clearer than my 12 weeks one.
My bump os really low at the moment, I was also really slim on my tummy before.
Do you think your having a boy or a girl or have you no idea yet? I havent been emotional at all, im sure if your having a girl thats the case at you have 2 womens hormones! hehe.
So we are nearly half way, its seems to have gone soo quickly since I 1st found out at 5 weeks! Hopefully the next half is just as quick!!
I was so tired and felt so ill the first 3 months im so glad thats all gone now! how do you feel now?

catherine x

Hiya,

yes I've got my scan booked for the 18th July- I'm really excited but also a bit scared in case they find anything wrong. We're not going to find out its sex but I have a feeling that it's a boy! I can't say why exactly but it just feels like it and now I'm kind of convinced! I don't mind what I have now as I'd like a couple of kids eventually and my Mum and my Nan correctly guessed the sex of their babies so I wonder if I'm right?

It has gone quite fast but then again each week that goes by I seem to be waiting for another milestone! First it was 12 weeks, now it's the scan and the half way point- then the 24 weeks and the if it's born it will survive point.....! I'll just be so relieved to have it in my arms safe and well! I was really lucky on the whole morning sickness thing, just felt queasy in the afternoons but I've had back problems this week as my bump has grown quite fast- mostly over the last four weeks or so- and it's making me throw my posture out by arching my back to take the new weight. I've found some exercises that help and have adjusted my work chairs so that my knees are higher than my waist and this has helped. I got a "Pilates for Pregnancy" DVD yesterday so I'm going to have a go at that! How have you been so far? How are you at the moment?

I'd like to think that I could cope with a natural childbirth as I'm a bit of a hippy at heart (vegetarian and all that) but I'm not good with pain and I have a tendency to panic so I think I'm opting for gas and air and if necessary an epidural this time around- I don't like the idea of the Pethodin (?) if it makes the baby too sleepy to breastfeed straight away as I really want to make a go of that. My husband is really squeamish (passes out at the merest sight of blood!) so my Mum is coming in with me!

Thank God for this site though else I don't know what I would have done! None of my friends or family have had a baby recently (or in most cases at all!) apart from my sister-in-law whose youngest is 9 that is and she had hers in France and can't seem to remember much about the pregnancy- just the birth. I'm 29- I'll be 30 in September but none of our friends have had kids yet or are planning them in the near future so I feel a bit alone in the real world- it's why I spend so much time on here! I would have happily had kids years ago but my husband wasn't really ready to be honest and in an ideal world I wanted both of us to be 100% pro. I'm not career minded and have always wanted children above anything so it feels like a new beginning for us :) -exciting and new!!

I know what you mean about tiredness though! It was so bad for the first three months! I'd have to sleep as soon as I got in from work! I'm still more tired than usual but just having lots of sleep at the weekend seems to be enough to get me through. I think I felt the baby move last weekend- I was sitting with my tummy scrunched up on a cinema seat listening to a band who had a song with a very low bass sound. I could feel it vibrate up my legs and in my heart the way it does and then I felt solid bubbles just above my bikini line! My husband was delighted as he's a musician and said that it must like music already :). Since then I've felt the odd flutter but I can't wait until it's more definite. How often can you feel your baby move? Can you tell it's sleep patterns yet?

+++

Hiya well I cant really tell the difference between the feeling inside but when I lay on my back I hold my hands over my tummy for a while sometimes I dont feel anything but its usually when Ive been laying on my side then quickly switch to my back, maybe it wakes baby up and makes him/her move rom the new position. My partner also felt it he said it felt like a kick. Its the weirdest thing ever! I went sunbating today and my belly looks so lop sided, Im constantly asking Matt if I look fat rather than pregnant!!

Were both 23, 24 in October, been together since the millenium and getting married 9th July, We planned this baby but only litrally started trying thinking that it would take a while. I even bought folic acid on the day I think I conceived, so strange!

I really want to try not to use any pain relief but Ive always suffered with a bad week pelvis and worried the pain might get too much! I find it uncomfortable lying on my pelvis when on a hard floor and sometimes its so painful, I might even buy one of those straps you wear for back support during pregnancy. Before I used to alwasy tuck my pelvis in when I walk and like you said its hard now with a bump up front! I used to go to the chiropractor when I was younger maybe a trip back could help! I wish there was a more humain form of pain relief, they all seem to knock you out, make you numb or completly high. I have suffered with anxiety before and hope I dont panik at the time, im sure I wont but im just going to go wwith the flow, some women ive read about completly kick themselves about having to have pian relief when they didnt wnat it etc, im not surprised some people suffer with post natel depression, they rally kick themselves about everything.

I also really dont mind about the sex, I want loads of children and like you I have no career prospects! I just want to be a stay at home mummy.

When is the age that the baby can be born and survive? I know its normally only ever problems with the lungs sometimes that the baby doesnt survive. Its worrying though, I havent had any problems so far, no bleeding or anything but I did have really bad bowl pains back about 7 weeks, we though it was all over, thank god it wanst and was just my bowel!!

If you have a bad back like me, maybe think about using the baths at the hospitals can really help with your pelvis, then get out in time for the birth. And also maybe buy one of those birthing balls seem so handy before they take all the pressure of your spine.

So 18th of july not long, its hard not to worry that somethings worng, I did too. Before I heard the heart beat I also though they wont find anything and I wansnt pregnant anymore, or even in the first place. Just try not to work yourslef up, pretty much every pregnant women does it.

I love talking to other pregnnat women like me, Originally in my first 3 months I stayed in bed a lot and stayed on the internet 27/7 and went on babyfit.com after a while I got a bit fed up with the November thread as there were women with problems etc and kinda got me down and worried after a while. Special in the first few weeks when women kept doming in saying they had lst their baby, I felt really bad for them but I just really wanted to get on with my pregnancy and not worry. I rarely go on there now apart from the uk thread in the cafe as some women are just having their babies and its really nice to see what they are going through, and informative!

I dont think ive ever heard anyone say, "i think im having a girl" maybe they just cant tell but so many saying "im sure im having a boy" I think surely uyou must be able to tell with the testosterone etc growing at the 10-12 weeks. After then it was the point where there were no stong feeling anymore but beofre when im sure all the part were growing I just knew. So many people dont believe me, like my mum, all we have is girl in our family, but Matt has nearly all boys. I really wnat atleast 1 boy and 1 girl, next time I might try all those theories of having a girl, like have sex the day before you ovulate as the female sperm is slower but stronger than the male etc! Im not sure how long we are going to wait until number 2, we will see how we cope when this ones here.

Hope your well! Take care!

cat x

Hi again,

aha- I'll have to try that rolling over trick! I know I get some odd feelings when I turn over in the night now. I too spend most mornings asking if I look fat or pregnant! I can't help staring at women's tummies when we're out thinking the same thing- it's actually quite hard to tell until the bump is quite high up I think! I know it shouldn't matter but I can't help wanting people to know that I haven't just let myself go again! I do put my hands on it without thinking and I think that makes me look more pregnant than fat! My husband thinks it's funny- he says I should wear a T Shirt that says "I'm not pregnant I'm fat" in order to get over it!

Apparently at 24 weeks a premature baby could survive (although I think it would more than likely have health problems) so that's not long to go for us really! As for pain relief etc during birth I'm going to try not to give myself a hard time about it if I start screaming for everything they've got. They don't give prizes for bravery in the face of labour pain and I can't help feeling that if I'm less stressed then the baby will be too- even if they have to knock me out to do it! No seriously though I know what you mean about wishing their were other less drastic pain relief methods that actually work. My Mum had an epidural with me and she said it was wierd- I wasn't an easy birth though and they had to use forceps so I think it was best and she didn't regret it at all. She practically had my little brother in the ambulance though and so didn't need anything! Thanks for the tips about the ball and the bath. I'm having the baby in a maternity hospital so hopefully I'll get access to those.

I'd love to be a stay at home Mum and we're going to try very hard to make it work- my Mum was and she loved it and we had a great childhood. My husband wants to start working freelance from home too after it's born so that might mean that we can both have an active hand in childcare. I personally think that feminism is about a woman's choice to do what she wants and not to feel guilty about it whether that's to work or stay at home. It feels like everything and everyone expects you to go back to work though. I think the government would rather we had the kids and then paid someone else to look after them while they and we pay tax frankly- I don't think they take anything else into account. I want to keep a hand in where I work though as it's a nice job, in a library, and has the option of working very part time hopefully. If I can pursuade them to let me do a Saturday afternoon and one evening a week after I've had my year off then that might be good! That way I don't break my service as it's the kind of job where everyone else here has been here comfortably for 20-30 odd years- a rare thing these days. I hate applying for jobs so maybe I can string it along v v part time for a number of years- you never know!

We were really really lucky conceiving too-it happened the very first month. I had been popping Folic Acid for about a year beforehand though as we kept changing our mind about when to start trying! Thanks so much for the info about male hormones during weeks 10-12 as that's exactly the time it occured to me that it was a boy! I'd never even heard of anyone guessing correctly until I checked it out. I don't have the same kind of feeling now though- in fact I kind of wonder if I imagined it. We shall see!!

Take care and lovely to chat :)
+++

Wow thats scary only 24 weeks. I bet the babys so tiny still then.

Have you bought anything yet? I bought quite a bit, moses basket, clothes toys etc. I try to buy bits when I can as the list of bits to buy is soo huge! I know lots of women leeve it till later as they dont like to tempt fate. Ive even bought baby christmas presents. I'm starting Crimbo shopping super early this year as baby is going to be a big cost and also im not going to have the time or energy in the last month or even after the birth so want to get it out the wya now! I'll just buy bits here and there.

Did you lose your appertite in the first trimester? I did completly I could go a whole day with barley anything, now im always eating. I must be carful I dont wnat to gain loads of extra weight!! I hated it before I couldnt even eat my dinner, thank god I can go out for meals again.

Are you doing a baby journal? I have one on the internet and also bought a Tigar book so can write everything down, I had so much time originally I worte pretty much everything down, like every headache (I had lots in the first trimster) etc. Ive taken photos of my belly as its getting bigger, must take another one! I think is something I can look back for help in my net pregnancy as im sure I will forget and also to give to the baby when he/she is older.

Have you thought of names yet? So far weve got Tamzin or Stephany for a girl and Aiden Cameron for a boy.

cat x

Hi,

keeping a diary like that is a lovely thing to do :). I've been working full time so far and still doing all of the things I did before (I do voluntary youth work and we have an allotment) so I've been so so tired the whole time that by the time I have half an hour to myself I'm asleep! I did mean to keep a proper diary but what I've got instead is I've used that freebie pampers diary that came in the Bounty pack to put brief notes about the physical symptoms and how I've managed with them etc. My Mum had exactly the same amount of morning sickness at the same point in her pregnancies and at the same time of day so I figure that if I have a girl then this might come in useful for her someday!

I haven't bought much yet but I've been doing some research- checking out good prices and watching ebay etc. I've got four short sleeve onesies that were so cute I couldn't walk past them but apart from that I haven't got anything! I learnt to crochet last autumn though so I've just finished a star shaped baby blanket in rainbow colours and I've crocheted some little fruits and vegetables that I'm going to hang on some elastic over the cot and buggy because they're bright and colourful and they can be washed easily and used to fling around as toys later on :). I also made the teddy that's in my picture by using a fluffy kind of wool. I've got plans and patterns for some very cute clothes but I just have no real idea of what size my baby will be or whether other people will have made tiny clothes for the newborn stage yet as I know that my Mum and Nan are both knitting away in a frenzy! My Nan said to me on Sunday "I have booties covered- don't you worry!" my Mum has hinted that she's made some small cardies too so I might wait and see! They're also converting some sheets that my Nan had in a cupboard new and unused into baby sheets.

I didn't really lose my appetite in the first trimester although I had dreadful wind and an uncomfortable tummy whenever I ate. I also had to eat every so many hours or I felt really ill. I also had a funny thing where all I wanted to eat was very bland stuff like plain pasta, white bread and mash! I even had a 4 day craving for chip shop chips and mushy peas! Glad I only gave in to that twice and that it didn't last!! Usually I eat loads of brown rice, lentils, miso, vegetables etc- you know really good stuff but I just can't face it! Ironic that my pre-pregnancy diet was loads better! I can still handle bananas though and dried apricots so I'm eating a lot of those- also soya milk for the protein, calcium and omega 3. I have tried going back to the rice cakes and porridge for breakfast rather than the plain white bread that I've been surviving on but I felt really sick afterwards so I guess it's out for now! I'm eating less than normal at the moment as I get heartburn if I eat lots or anything after abuot 9pm but I have to eat at more regular intervals so I'm eating about 5 bananas a day as I figure they're good sources or potassium and energy but still count as a fruit- apples are just to acidic for me at the moment! We've had about 17lbs of strawberries off the allotment though and I've eaten loads of those- yum!

I like your names :) it's really hard to choose isn't it? We've had a girl's name- Lucie Eleanor- for years funnily enough but have had problems agreeing a boy's name. At the moment we're going with Elliot Howell (the Howell is a family middle name for boys on my husband's side so we kind of have to have it) but it might change yet!

Take care
+++

aww thats so sweet making clothes I was actually saying about that a while back how going back a few years most mums knew how to knit, seem like no one knows these days. It would be so lovely to do crochet or knitting! Id make loads of blankets and bits. Your teddies really cute!

I also went on the balnd food, peope say thats a sign of having a Boy! in the very first few weeks I wanted ready salted crisps! maybe I was lacking salt in my diet, I have never drunk so much mineral water before my skin looks so great, I have alwasy been spotty but now I have none. People say that if your having a girl you will want more sweet stuff and gain a lot of weight on your face and become more spotty! I have a thing for apples now where as before I wasnt really interested much in fruit.
So do you grow you own veg? I was reading about weaning a baby and they said if you use your own carrots or sweeds etc you should let you baby have them until there about 1 year, something to do with the soil their gown in, but jarred food has been tested for the chemicals etc. I think it was on the babycentre.com website.
I suffered with heartburn also but seem to go in the 14th week. I thought my headaches would never go though everyday, all day nasty! I used to feel sick if I hadnt eaten much. Now all I really worry about is fainting, I stood in the post office a few days abck and thought I was going to pass out and had to leave quickly. I try to get a full tummy before I have to stand for long it seems to help! Im worried about my wedding though, in 2 weeks having to stand for 30 minutes! I might request a seat just incase!

Ive been checking out ebay to! I have written a list of verything I need to buy and just note down prices form mothercare and catalogue and then compare on ebay. The more expensive items seem much cheeper on ebay but the small bit like baths etc after postage added on its not much different.

Hi Sarah, How have you been in your pregnancy? Did you have a scan at 12 weeks? I got my date taken back 3 days so was originally the 19th. Do you have any feeling of having a boy or a girl yet? My scans a week Tuesday and then I either get it comfirmed that its a boy or a comple shock if told its a girl, but I just know that wont happen, hehe.

catherine x

Hi Catherine,

Yes, we had a 12 week scan and baby had looked like s/he was standing up in it's little sack! Sonographer said to go to the toilet as she couldn't measure s/her properly and she was right as s/he started to move about and looked liked s/her was dancing! Scan put me 4 days ahead of my original date, but again that may all change again when we go for next scan.

3 1/2 weeks to go till next one, can't wait!

Sarah x

P.S. We would like a girl (as I have two step sons) and I don't know if this has influenced my "feelings" but I think I am carrying a girl. Lets hope baby isn't shy at scan!

Sarah x

Hi,

Catherine- I can only knit plain and very uneavenly at that but crochet I've found really easy as you can unpick your mistakes easily! There are lots of websites where you can watch tutorials and there are lots of free patterns and help message boards where you can get help if you get stuck. Nice bright acrylic wool is only about 99p a huge ball in a lot of pound shops and it machine washes unlike wool and is soft so it's perfect for baby stuff! The hooks you can get from charity shops. My Nan is so delighted that I've learnt to crochet as I think she thought hers would be the last generation to do it but it's actually really trendy again. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=78.0
This is a really cool board where people often post photos of work and free patterns.

It's funny that you ate plain crisps a lot at first as I did too! I was worried about the salt until I read that you actually need slightly more salt than normal when you're pregnant. I hadn't heard that thing about boys and bland food either- how strange! :) Only two weeks until your wedding then? How exciting! Are you having a big do and is it all sorted?

Sarah- Hi! Nice to meet you :) How has your pregnancy gone so far? Have you felt ok?

Speak to you soon
+++

I'll check that website out! would be nice to make something for the baby! Yeah scary 2 weeks today! My dree was too tight last time I tried it on so am going to have to take it out but wont be a problem as its layered. Its all sorted but not paid for we had a nightmare selling our flat and kinda left us not knowing where the money is coming from, so just a little left to find!

Im really starting to feel baby move all the time now, so weird feels like I have butterflies in there! Everytime I eat he/she seems to go crazy! I find it so uncomfortable turning in bed now with my belly, cant emagine what it will be like when im 8 months. I want to make a huge body bean bag thingy. Ive seen them in argos and cost over £100. My mum has a sewing machine and I learn how to sew at school, well easy bits like cushions etc. So might give it a go!

Took another belly photo today for my collection, just realized ive been taking them every 3 weeks so going to keep up with that. Its really nice my partneer can also feel the baby move if he puts his hands on my tummy when I feel a kick, he says its nice make you feel like everythings ok. I really want him to be able to join in, it must be hard me having everything.

Hope your both ok
Take care ladies! Keep in touch
cat x

:lol:
Hi my name is Catherine and im due on the 25thnov!
I live in Torpoint which is just over the ferry from plymouth so i dont live far from you at all.
Ive not had my scan yet its on mon and i cant wait.I too have a strong feeling that it is a boy.
How you feeling?.

Hi Catherine!

Im feeling great! Baby so active now I can even lumps sticking out of me when he/she kicks! so strange. I watchde Desperate Midwives last night and saw a lady with twin having a heartbeat check and a massive lump moved right up her belly, never seen anything like that before! So I just stared at my belly after a kick to see if maybe I could see anything and yaya I can but nothing like she had but she was nearly 40 weeks! Im sure my baby must have so mcuh room at the moment sometimes he/she is so low but woke up the other day and he/she was right under my belly button looked quite odd a long lump then completly flat underneath. Very active!

Have you felt movement yet? its such a lovely reasuring feeling!

Let me know how your scan goes! Mines a day after yours, im so excited but also thinking knowing my luck baby will have his/hers legs crossed so I wont get the confirmation that im sure its a boy! But then Im still so sure I would just go buy blue boys bits anyway! I already bought some cute glass blue baby boots with Aiden written on them, for display of course. hehe!

cat x

Hiya! update on me starting to feel tired again! AAHHH thought I left that behind in the 1st tri. I also feel like my belly is going to explode!! Im starting using creams as im sure the marks will come soon! Ive got a belly pic posted on my journal that I took 2 weeks ago. Scan on Tuesday taking in bets from family on the gender none of them believe im sure about it being a boy, hehe. I told my sister when I come out of the scan and it is a boy I'm going to tell my mums its a girl as she will love to take the mic! hehe, then get her back. My family are all girls other than 1 son and Matts is all Boys part from 1 girl Not including parents!!

How are you doing at the moment?? Are you feeling uncomfortable yet? I stuggle to stand up now as it hurts to tense my tummy, I have to pull myself up.

Hope your ok! let me know hows thigs are getting on!

cat x

Hi,

I just answered you on the other thread :). I know what you mean about getting out of chairs and stuff! Also bending in the middle to tie shoes etc is noticeably tougher! I'm not quite as tired as I was at the beginning but then I was really really tired then! I generally need about 11 hours sleep as it gets on towards the end of the working week though so because I get up at 6.30 for work this means a very early bedtime! This weekend I've been away with my youth group and had to resort to an hour kip on Saturday and Sunday at about 5pm in order to get through the day but I think this was because I'd done so much and not slept more than about 5 hours due to having to keep one ear open for any problems with the girls, trying to sleep on a lilo in a sleeping bag on one side (achey hips!) and girls chatting and running around at 3 in the morning!

I'm pretty sure I feel my baby move about 5 mins after I start eating every meal- kind of a cross between a pulse and a flutter. I've found it hard to work out movements up until now as my digestive system has been all over the place for weeks and trapped wind is my middle name- 24 hour rumbling and bubbles etc! I got a few particularly strong flutters after eating some ice cream yesterday- does that sound about right? I guess soon it'll be unmistakable!

Hope you get your energy back soon :)

+++

Its a girl!!! So funny after me being so cure it was a boy, everything pointed that way, hehe.

Also got married on saturday had a lovely day, very special!!

My pregnancy brain making me feel completly stupid and forgetful!

Hope you all well, keep us all updated!

catherine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back