Due May 11 with baby #2! Lots of fear, anyone the same way?

tocophobia89

Reaction score
Wow if you look or have seen old posts you will see that I almost broke up with my bf in 2014 (now husband and father of my daughter and soon to be son) over fear of pregnancy. The fear is still there but if you continue reading I faced it once(planned)..and now I'm doing it again(unplanned). I was even contimplating on not going for baby #2 because of my extreme tokophobia again but we had baby fever , I wished I was pregnant every time I heard of a friend or family member Pregnant and I got my wish even though we weren't trying lol
I had my daughter November 16 2018 and I feared all the worst case scenarios. I thought I was for sure going to die from AFE(Amniotic Fluid Embolism). The big day came , I went into labor on my own ten days before my due date. Water broke on it's own, contractions had started before my water had broke. Went to the hospital and I was in early labor at 1cm dilated and then confirmed my water indeed had broken. Doctors said I needed pitocin because I was strep b positive with waters broken therefore I had no protection around my daughter(had a mini panick attack because I know induction or augmentation is a risk factor for AFE) They couldn't risk me going naturally through labor. Had my daughter in 18 hours and 40 minutes from start to finish.

Now I'm pregnant with baby #2 and it's a boy!(I'm excited but obviously extremely nervous) I'm due May 11 2021. We were not trying but not preventing. I honestly thought I knew my cycle well enough not to get pregnant but clearly you can ovulate early or late. Just because you obssessively track everything it means nothing really, a calendar can't say when exactly ovulate but I didn't realize that for some reason. We also had lots of baby fever. Anyways even before I got pregnant with #2 , when we would talk about potentially getting pregnant I would get anxious and tell my husband my fears are coming back. What if I die this time around since I didn't last time especially because this is an unplanned pregnancy.

My husband thinks I'm being insane again and that all will be okay but most days I can't shake the fear that I could possibly die from AFE. Everyone says yes but you can die doing anything , I understand that but that doesn't take my fear away.

At just under 14 weeks this pregnancy I had got into a pretty big car accident. I was going straight through a green light and someone went through a red light, hit me and made me do a 180. The front of my car was pretty much hanging there, smoke was coming out of my car. It was pretty traumatizing. I was told im lucky to be alive and baby boy too. He was protected by my pelvis. My doctor says she would of worried more if I was over 16 weeks during the accident but I'm lucky I wasn't. So that gives me some reassurance. I just can't help but think sometimes what if this accident had done something to my uterus that will make it vulnerable now to me experiencing Amniotic fluid Embolism. For example tear easily because maybe I had a tear in my uterus but just no bleeding at the time of the accident ? Although doctors said baby and everything inside looked fine after the accident. If there was any tears there would be bleeding most likely and I had absolutely nothing.

Anyone feel this way during pregnancy? Im praying literally every day that it will go smoothly like my first or even smoothier where I go to the hospital and I'm not far to pushing time

Last edited:
This is our last baby so I hope I get through this ! (Hubby is getting a vasectomy two was always the max) Our family will be completed and if I get through this I would have faced my fears twice! Ugh I can't wait to see my son and just be happy that he's here ❤️

Hi! I honestly can’t relate- I am doing everything I can to stay calm and not stress myself out so it doesn’t have any negative effects on the baby. But I didn’t want no one to answer you... I posted something last week and not one person commented and I was upset. Just know you’re heard, and everything is gonna be just fine! Just have faith. Our bodies are made to do this. You can do it and you will be okay mama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back