Due July 20th-having pains!

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by jo1188, Jun 9, 2005.

1. jo1188

jo1188 Well-Known Member

hey, this is my first pregnancy and im due july20th, since last night ive been getting really bad back aches in the bottom of my back and like shooting sort of pains going from the bottom of my belly down to my vagina. is this normal for somebody at my stage of pregnancy?

Could somebody please tell me what they think this is and if im just worrying over nothing?

Thanks

Jo xx

2. Dawnie

Dawnie New Member

Sounds like you are having Braxton Hicks, or you are doing too much and need to relax. Do you still feel baby moving??

Try a hot bath, relax and if you are worried phone your midwife that is what they are there for!!

Let me know.....

Dawnie :)

3. jo1188

jo1188 Well-Known Member

Yeah baby's moving loads more than usual actually. I dont have a midwife its sorta complicated, seeing my GP tomorrow though. Whats Brxton hicks?

Jo x

4. Dawnie

Dawnie New Member

Hope all goes well at GP.

Braxton Hicks are practice contractions not as strong as real ones but you can definately feel them. Your abdomen will tighten and contract. Baby can feel this gently gripping and massaging her/him.

Let me know what GP says... Why no midwife??

Dx