due in 3 days, HELP!!

fiona kipling

Reaction score
i am due this friday, and as yet have had no signs / twinges of anything happening. im getting a little worried about having to go into hospital to be induced as i have been told that it can be quite painful.
has anyone got any thoughts/ ideas on ways to hurry things up a littlle?
Last night I had a cup of raspberry tea, and the night before I tried a curry........ Nothing!!!!!
Im also torn between epidural or no epidural..... any advice? This is my foirst baby and its getting very scarey now ( but I cant wait!!!!!!!)
would love any last minute hints, tips and thoughts from anyone.
Thankyou xxx

You'll have to decide if you want the epidural before you go to the hospital, because they have to make sure the anesthesiologist is there at the right time for you.

This is my first pregnancy, but I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want one. I know the thought of a needle in your spine can be scary, but I am far more terrified of the horrible labor pains! I will definitely be getting the epidural, or if I am too late for it, then whatever else they can give me. I'm not so brave that I need to feel every excrutiating pain of labour!

Also, don't worry too much about being overdue, that just means that your baby will have a few more days to get healthier! My sister was 2 weeks overdue with her first, and he looked so nice and plump when he came out!

Having an epidural may relieve the pain of labour but it also increases the risk that you might need to have a forceps or ventouse assisted delievery.

The main reason is that you can't feel when the right time is to push and have to let the midwife tell you rather than being able to follow what your body is telling you as you get a strong feeling to push at the right time.

My hospital don't do epidurals unless you're having a ceasarean but even if they did I wouldn't want to have one unless I found I was in so much pain that I couldn't cope. I'd rather not have the potential complications.

But overall the best advice I've been given is to go with the flow. Some women are in agony every centimetre of dilation in which case an epidural or equally strong pain killer is appropriate where as other women get to 5/6cm and not feel much more than a dull ache.

The best thing is to know your options and go with what you find you need at the time rather than having preconceptions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back