Dubious

Mrsbee

Reaction score
As many of you know I had an NHS scan due to pain and bleeding, it showed baby in the right place but only a yolk sac was seen due to being to early. Then about 5 days later I had a private scan as I had more bleeding and was so anxious.... But they only the gestational sac. 5 days later I had my NHS rescan and there baby was all fine. Anyway I have my private rescan coming up but I'm a bit worried about going. Because they didn't see anything last time so I don't know if I really believe in their machine, and I don't want the same worry as last time. However that being said baby is bigger now so they probably would see something. Also I've not really got many symptoms at all now and I'd like the reassurance..... Urgh I dunno. Xx

Is there another company locally to you. I think they vary massively in quality of staff and equipment. There are 3 near us, two are really cheap. The third is more expensive but quality of service is far superior. They offer follicle tracking and various health tests too, overall just much better outfit.

How far along will you be at this scan?

Last edited:
Probably best to bite the bullet and go. The machines should be able to see now. A lot of ladies dont see anything at 5-6w, babys can appear from nowhere. :lol:

RE the symptoms. The day I went for my early scan after bleeding I stopped .my daily sick episodes, all my symptoms left. I went see baby on the scan, came home and spewed again for the duration :lol:

Sometimes our heads get the best of us. Its natural. Id also say Ive had a MC and even after I passed bub I still had symptoms till my HCG dropped and believe me even at 6w with no cramping or pain I knew it was baby I passed,

Id say good chance all will be well and ypur just understandably worried. I kept having dreams I went for a scan and they told me I made it up in my head. There was no baby there :lol:

Good luck.

Id perhaps also point out that your last appointment there caused a bit of upset and confusion. You are better with NHS scans, better equipment and more qualified people using it. The private scanning sector is a moneymaker, esp in the gender or 3d field!

xxxx

Last edited:
I'd be 8+5 clare so I'm also sure you'd definitely see something. I saw bub at 7+1... Well a squidgey little dot but still you saw it.

Russellmummy, you're exactly right they are moneymaking. To be fair my symptoms haven't all gone, I don't pee as much at night but then again I don't drink as much. I didn't wake at all last night but I did a night shift the night before and hadn't slept in nearly 48 hours. My boobs are still very sore, and they look so different and veiny now. I still can't look at meat (except ham) I don't really feel sick at foods but then I'm only eating the foods I know don't make me feel sick. And I still absolutely love milk and I never used too. I think the sickness I'm lucky with... Not everyone feels sick do they?

I would like to go for the scan I love seeing baby, I will mention that I didn't find the machine or the sonographer at all reassuring. Xxx

I have a private scan next Friday and although I seen baby and heartbeat at 6 weeks in still really scared I'm going to go and they will tell me iv had a Mmc. My symptoms come and go and tbh I don't have that many symptoms which worries me. What day is your scan? I know how your feeling luckily the sonograpgers where I go are the ones that work on the early pregnancy unit at my hospital and do that as job on the side so are highly skilled. Excited to go but petrified but just really hope and can't wait for them to say everything is ok then will be another 3 weeks till my 12 weeks scan and I'm sure i will feel the same before that one xxx

The one I had recently at 9+4 was really good. Could see baby moving arms and legs.

I feel exactly the same hoisf I worry that it will ba bad news but I have no reason to think it's bad news so I might just go. It was meant to be Sunday but I'm working I'll see if I can change it to Friday, I'll be 8+5 soooo they definitely will see something. When is yours meant to be xxx

Mine is Friday so I will be 9+ 2 or 3 so I'm hoping to see a baby shape. I want to be excited but feel like I can't let myself xx

Mine is Friday so I will be 9+ 2 or 3 so I'm hoping to see a baby shape. I want to be excited but feel like I can't let myself xx

I don't have any reason to worry so I'm going to try keep it that way. I'm sure both babies will be quite alright xxxx

Both our babies I should say.... I'm not having twins haha xx

Haha! The reason I'm worrying is I had 3 early mc before this one so just felt like I had no luck and can't believe iv got this far and still keep thinking y I had 3 then this one seems to be going ok but iv got this far so I'm trying to be positive and hope it will all be ok plus I had the scan at 6 weeks and before I never even got to that point to have a scan. Like you said both our babies will be fine!! Xx

My best friend like you had 3 and her little boy is a right little chunk now, just like your baby will be :). I can understand your worry though Hun. Hopefully this early scan will put your mind at rest Hun!! I think it will be fine when we're in the scan it's just the thought that something could be wrong isn't it. But I'm not letting my nerves get the best of me.... Been there done that and it wasn't nice xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back