DTD during 1st Trimester

SpiritedAway

Reaction score
I probably sound stupid because im sure people do it all the time and its always been said to be fine but I worried about this..

I miscarried on Monday but before I started bleeding on the Sunday I DTD in the morning, it was really uncomfortable so we stopped. I'm worried that caused my initial pink spotting that led to miscarriage (but then my logic says no because surely it wouldnt of been so quick as it led to heavy bleeding 11 hours later. I would of thought it would take longer to happen).

I haven't had a chance to ask any nurse ect but it plays on my mind as I'm always sore/tempremental down there after examinations and during AF and read it's something to avoid during first trimester if you have a history of miscarriage.

DH has linked me studies so worried me over it now (even though deep down I know it's not the reason) I dont want it to ruin a pregnancy if we do concieve again.

Last edited:
First of all, I am sick sorry.
There is absolutely no way it would cause miscarriage. I have never been told not to dtd and have a history of miscarriages. I think the only reason they say it is because it can cause a little spotting and it saves the worry that comes with that. The bleeding from that would just be irritation to the cervix, not miscarriage.
I hope you're as ok as you can be xx

First of all, I am sick sorry.
There is absolutely no way it would cause miscarriage. I have never been told not to dtd and have a history of miscarriages. I think the only reason they say it is because it can cause a little spotting and it saves the worry that comes with that. The bleeding from that would just be irritation to the cervix, not miscarriage.
I hope you're as ok as you can be xx

Oh thank you and I'm so sorry to hear that, you wouldn't wish the experience on anyone, it's been so horrible and heart breaking.

I didn't think it would tbh, there's a lot of trash on the internet that can cause you to worry, it's kinda a scare over everything and I think the hubby feels responsible as it happened so soon after, so he wants to fix things or find a reason for it.

I actually said when I spotted it was irratation and thought ladies on here would have experience/advice, but I'm take each day as it comes right now xxx

Last edited:
No it wasn't DTD that caused it. If anything your irritation while DTD was because of what was about to happen not the other way around. Don't worry yourself about that, that is not what caused it.

Last edited:
Dtd would be highly unlikely to cause mc. Like lisey I also have a history of mc and I have never been told not to have sex. It is tempting to hold on to any reason that mc could have happened but a huge amount of time you just will never know why. It is highly unlikely to be anything you have done and as annoying as it sounds it is just one of those things. Someone on here once said that you can't do anything to lose a good pregnancy and you can't do anything to keep a bad one.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Im just wary as every time I have an internal exam or scan ect ive had slight bleeding and cramps afterwards. Its always been an uncomfortable problem.

I thought it would be too soon to have had any sort of impact or reason to cause it anyway. I guess deep down I want to find a reason for losing cause I just dont know why when everything was going so well I was feeling good until that evening.

I might avoid it if we conceieve again for 1st trimester just for piece of mind if anything.

Last edited:
I'm the same hun 2 of my miscarriages started when I went for a number 2 so that's always worried me. Not because I think it will cause a mc but that it will kick start one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back