DTD after ovulation

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Jamla, May 10, 2022.

1. Jamla

Jamla Well-Known Member

Hi, question - does everyone keep dtd after they ovulate? We tend to do it every two days beforehand and then maybe a few days afterwards. Our fertility nurse said we should keep dtd after, but be more relaxed about it, but I’m slightly confused about why she said that. We normally manage every 3-4 days, but we both get so tired, and I guess the motivation has gone as I’ve already ovulated.

What does everyone do and/or what have you all been told about it? X

Clarkecharm likes this.
  2. Clarkecharm

Clarkecharm Well-Known Member

We do every other day between CD15-21, as I ovulate on CD19. Although it has been 18 and 21 so we cover all bases. I always ovulate on peak day but some do 24 hrs later and it lasts another 24 hrs after that so always best dtd after aswell just in case. Xx

3. Jamla

Jamla Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. We normally tend to do it a day after or on the day and then two days later, and then relax, but this month we did it after midnight two days before (or, technically, one day before) and then the day of, but not again afterwards.

I really hope it happens for us both really soon! Xx

Clarkecharm likes this.
  4. Clarkecharm

Clarkecharm Well-Known Member

Me too xx