DS has slap cheek - any advice/experience

Gem212

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

My youngest son has woken up this morning with bright red hot cheeks, his totally fine and after reading online once rash appears there no longer contagious etc, its up to 20 days before, last week he had an upset tummy and threw up on me and i'm always cuddling and kissing him so i'm bound to have picked it up.

I rang the midwife and she said it can be dangerous to pregnant ladies and that she would need to have my booking in bloods checked for immunity to measles and chickenpox as i think that covers slapped cheek.

She did say she has 4 other ladies in the same boat so its doing the rounds at the moment, however its really made me panic that it will harm the baby!! Has anyone else experienced this during any of their pregnancies xxx

My niece had suspected slap cheek last week, which freaked me out as I look after her every Thursday. I'm seeing my mw today so will ask her about it. When my cousin asked her mw because it was going round her son's nursery she said not to worry as most adults are immune but she could have a blood test if she wanted.. Fx you're immune! Big hugs xxxx

Thanks hun, she said i can call back Thursday and hopefully will have results by then xx

I think they are more concerned about it before 20 weeks so hopefully you would have passed the risk period anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back