Dry skin

MrsHope

Reaction score
Lo has really dry peeling feet. I've tried baby oil and baby lotion and its not making any difference. Anything anyone can recommend?? xx

When Harry had dry skin we were advised to use olive oil and it worked a treat.
Just the stuff you cook with, rub a bit on and leave it to soak in

Morrisons own brand olive oil!!

Harrison had awful peeling sick on his hands, feet and legs. I've used the oil 3 times and it's practically gone :)

Apparently the olive oil penetrates all layers of the skin, were as the baby oil products just sit on top of the first layer, and although they smell nice that don't actually help with treating dry skin etc.

x x x

Right, thanks ladies, going to crack open the olive oil now lol x

I usually rub harrison down on a night time after his bath. I then put mits on his hands as he has a habit of sticking his hands in his mouth.

It can't hurt them even if they do suck on there hands, but i don't see the point in putting it on if he's gonna suck off! Lol

x x x

Her hands are fine now, it's just her feet that look awful :( x

Another one here who recommends olive oil! Boots sell little bottles of it if you don't use it for cooking.

I swear by coconut oil. It works just as well as olive oil but smells nice.....if you like coconut that is. :)

The HV recommended that I purchase a big tub of expensive cream...wish I hadn't listened to her - it was greasy and smelt disgusting :-(

Waitrose olive oil (at a quarter of the price!) did the trick in the end - we massaged this into JJ every night for a week after his bath and his dry skin disappeared! xx

And me!!! Although hv advised either olive oil or sunflower oil were both good to use. His feet are now smooth and not all flaky anymore :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back