Dry, Flaky nipples

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Anyone else with dry, flaky skin on their nipples?

I'm using things like olive oil on them but they still seem to be very dry, with bits of skin falling off. I'm pretty sure its not colostrum as it won't wash off.

I get that. have no idea why though, not much help this morning am i sorry :D

Thats ok Beanie :D

Just the fact that you have experienced it is a help to me, even if we don't know why :lol:

Hi,

I've got some of that Lansinoh stuff that everyone I've met who breast feeds raves about and it is fabulous. It's expensive but you don't use much as it goes a long way once it's warmed up a bit. I've had bad excema on my fingers for years but since trying this stuff on it it has improved no end.

I had this dry skin thing on my boobs too a few months ago. Bio Oil helped a lot but I reckon the Lansinoh would zap it in one!

Might be worth trying?

+++

Thanks Rosebay

I was actually just thinking about that Lansinoh cream, I will get some at the weekend as my nipples look really horrible today!

I don't mind the price of it. Its about £10 isn't it? I would rather use stuff that I know is totally safe

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
Just the fact that you have experienced it is a help to me, even if we don't know why :lol:

Thanks for that, it made me laugh. Aam like a zombie today, even thinking about going down town sent me to bed!!! :?

Got some of that Lansinoh cream on friday night and have to say! Its wonderful!

My M.I.L seems to reckon that Lanolin is bad for the skin, but millions of women and experts can't be wrong can they!

Its totally cured my dry skin totally! Another pregnancy niggle solved!

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
My M.I.L seems to reckon that Lanolin is bad for the skin, but millions of women and experts can't be wrong can they!

Maybe she said that as some women are quite allergic to lanolin based products? :?

My doc told me to put a small gauze pad between my nipple and bra so the bra won't soak up the moisturiser. Dunno if it helps, haven't done it yet!

Also, I have always avoided lanolin because it's said to promote hair growth! So no lanolin in my facial moisturiser anyway!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back