Drs app.. After a bit of advice if poss :)

lrb

Reaction score
Sorry im posting in here a few days early but thought this section would be able to help me better than second tri.
Went to see my dr today for my eyes.. For the past two weeks I thought I have conjunctivitis.. But not sure as only comes out at night and mornings.. Every night at around 8pm I start to get a film over my eyes.. And my vision goes blury, but no goo. Through the night I have crusty eyes sometimes and wake up crusty and gammy but still blurred vision.. Wipe it all away and vision doesn't come bk properly for a good hour sometimes more.. Started to google and pre eclampsia pops up, Thought I had better make an app as wasn't able to fight what ever it is like I thought n may need some drops. after reading obline and previously having protien in my urine, a few bad headaches and now blurred vision I told dr all this anyway and he
Said oh u don't need to worry about that your only what 12-14 weeks!!? No I'm in my last tri at end of week! To his amazement he had no clue. After researching about my eyes and saying my eye lids were slightly red n swollen it didn't make sense what it was, possibly blepharitis.. So gave me info on that and to wash my eyes blah blah.. He then started to think pre eclampsia I could tell I said I thought it was possibility, he aske about swollen ancles, no.. Then took blood pressure.. I've always been fine with that.. Norm 110/60 at every single app even when I was in hosp with hyperemesis it was same then.. But this time could tell my his face if had changed.. He took it and wrote it in my notes, 120/79 then went to 144/85 and stayed there. Re tested over n over and went from
120-144 then stayed high. He asked me to do a wee sample and he found traces of white blood cells.. He then said he wanted to call my widwife.. No answer.. Again!!!! Phone off what a suprise it's always off! He then spoke to another dr, was gone ages! He made me first available app with my midwife on wednesday and she only works in surgery then.
Don't really know what to think, he said if I develope anymore symptoms to call midwife ASAP but would be no good calling her anyway!!
What do you all think, honestly any help or advice would be great. Thanks :)

I would call the labour ward n see what they say if ur worried xx

I agree call labour ward if your worried, I can't ever get hold of my midwife either xxx

Called the ward I was given on my preg pack, they said if my bp was 144/85 they wouldn't even do anything it would have to be higher! Basically got told to call midwife again in morning and get her to do bp again but if I can't get hold of her they will try call her. So still don't really know anymore :/

You could go and see an optician for an eye test they will be able to have a much better look at your eyes than the gp and tell you if it is blepheritis or conjuctivitis or possibly just dry eye (which is really common in pregnancy and can be a nightmare, can make them very filmy and sore). Hope it isn't your blood pressure.

First off next time you see your midwife ask her for a contact number that you can actually use! Its a joke when even the doctor couldn't get through! x

labour ward are better than midwife probably put ur mind at rest? I can never get hold of mine! x

Midwiefes coming round in a min to do bp, she's shit anyway so what ever it says she will just ignore!
She will be here all of 2 mins, she rushes every app I've had and never get chance to ask questions as we're shuved along so quickly!

Last edited:
Good luck with the midwife, be really stern with her an make her do her job properly. I really think if your BP is low and then goes up from there it might be pre-ecamplysia- it's always compared to your booking BP from what my MW said. Good luck and if u r worried go to the hospital to get assessed-call them and tell them of your headaches and other symptoms xxz

Midwifes been, bp was fine again and no white blood cells in urine today! Urgh pregnancys so strange!!!! Eyes she thinks it's opticians for me, but surely my vision would b bad in day aswell or watching tv/reading? Not only at night:s x

Well go to the opticians as soon as you can and they can rule out any other eye problems and then if they say its not your eyes tell your midwife you want to be seen once a week because you dont know the cause of the eye problem and due to the raise in blood pressure last week.... My midwife is really good and always tells me if i want to be seen extra to just call, i dont because so far touch wood no issues xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back