Dropping overnight feeds and dropping to 2 feeds

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by kumber, Apr 20, 2016.

1. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

Having never gotten to bf this far before I now have no idea what I'm doing!

When should I expect him to drop the middle of the night feed and daytime feeds so he just has morning and evening feeds? He's 8 months now :shock:

2. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

Not sure how much help I am but I got to 11 months and my Lo had feeds at 530am, 10am, 3pm and 7pm and kind of had a feed during the night. It was more for comfort but she still fed at 1130

3. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

God even that would be better than what we have now, we're feeding every 2 hours still!

4. Nutsyputs

Nutsyputs Well-Known Member

I think every baby is different. My daughter did it gradually and is now 11 months and just feeds morning and night. My son on the other hand seemed to do it all at once at about 8 months.

5. Maud

Maud Well-Known Member

Ours started dropping daytime feeds once she was eating more and was only having 3 daytime feeds and one night by 8 months and dropped the night feeds at 10 months. I think she dropped to 2 feeds a day at just over a year. It will vary though depending on how much baby eats and whether they like to have regular snacks on the boob, whether they comfort feed etc.