Dropping dream feed once solids introduced

milkybar

Reaction score
So my boy (7 months) has been eating purees quite happily for about 4 weeks now. He has 3 bottles a day ( average 6am, 1pm, 6pm), and wheetabix/finger food/dinner puree inbetween these. Up until a week ago we were still dream feeding his 4th bottle also, but H who does this says hes in such a deep sleep he has to nudge him to eat, which never used to be the case for dream feeds.

So we decided to try dropping it. The past week LO now has a disturbed sleep, moaning for dummy a lot more, and wakes at approx 5:30 (up to an hour earlier than used) for bottle. Its so tiring. Does this sound like he isnt ready to drop the fourth feed? Has anyone had this also and it's just something he'll get used to and go back to sleeping and waking normally? Or should we reintroduce the fourth feed?

I would persevere, how do you feel about bulking his 6pm feed with a rusk? See if that keeps him happy, I know it’s so tempting to go back when you’re use to getting sleep that not. Maybe give him another week or so and see if his sleep improves, if not give him a smaller bottle? Few suggestions, hope this helps x

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my ages getting back to you. I tried the rusk but didn't make any difference unfortunately and it's still been disturbed moany nights with early wake ups. I wouldn't mind the early wake up if it's after solid sleep. He's now eating more solids over lunch (puree rather than before finger food which would just gum) therefore having half his usual bottle before bed. Still moany night and early wake up. I would like to persevere but I might try a smaller bottle before bed again! Ugh don't know

I would try the bottle again for a night or two and see if it helps. Surely it should be pretty quick to work out if he sleeps like a log again. With my first every one said she would sleep better once I started eating solids. She took to solids well but I actually found the more solid food she ate the worse she slept at night as solid food made her gassy. My second was even worse. Finally our 3rd slept wonderfully with a full tummy. I think you just have to see what works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back