Dropping centiles at 11 months?

Leah04x

Reaction score
So on Wednesday I went to get Ethan weighed as I haven't had him weighed on two months. He's gone from 22lb 5oz to 22lb 15oz so a 10oz gain in two months. He's been following just above the 91st centile since he was 6 months old.

The HV then went on to ask me if he's on the move yet. To which I replied that he's constantly on the go and has been for 3 months crawling, standing, walking holding once of my hands etc. She then seemed concerned as she said being so active she would expect him to be dropping centiles. He's on the 50th centile for his height so said he should be dropping to meet his height?! Then she started to ask me about his diet, like what I fed him and quantities etc.

I'm not overly worried as he's a perfectly happy thriving little boy but it did get me thinking.. But surely he's better how he is than being underweight?!

Did you find your LO dropped down centiles when getting on the move?

Xx

Hun please dont listen them, as long as your lo has a healthy balanced diet, its fine. All.kids are different. My son has been between.the last two centiles for ages and he is nearly two and never stops moving.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

My ds never moved centiles, he is now 2 and is never sat still. As long as you are happy with his diet and weight I would ignore them. Sounds to me that he is a perfectly happy little boy and you are doing a great job x

This is why i dnt go anymore x

Alyssa has only just recently dropped below the 98th centile, and only just. shes gone down to above the 75th centile for height and a lil above the 91st for weight, this is at 17 months, shes been super active since 8 months when she learned to crawl and cruise within days of each other and hadnt dropped any lines til now so i wouldnt worry hun, my hv isnt concerned and i can tell my lg is happy and healthy

He's just burnng what he eats quicker than before now he can move.

I stopped taking Jack to clinic at 6 months because the HV's did my head in. They were useless!!

I have a different clinic for Harry and have taken him twice. Jack has always been skinny and has alway sat just under the 25th for his weight (i weigh them every few weeks on home scales) and Harry started off on the 2nd centile because he was only 6lb 1oz at birth an now at 5 months he's on 75th so is much chubbier than his big brother. Like others have said if Ethan is happy, healthy and thriving don't worry! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back