driving

dmkirk89

Reaction score
i think there has been s thread about this before, but when are you thinking of stopping driving? I had a real bad pain whilst driving home yesterday and it made me loose concentration for a moment which i think scared me more for baby, my partner said i should hang up my keys now as its not just me to think about. My partner doesn't drive and we don't live near bus stops, xx

Hi hun I'm not sure if there's specific guidelines on this but if you're not comfortable and you think it might be dangerous then you should stop. Do online shop for groceries (I love doing that cos I hate food shopping). Its a shame you don't live near a bus stop cos you don't want to be isolated. You could ask friends and family to come to you, as it's only for a few weeks anyway.

I'm still driving now but have had the odd moment when the baby's been in a funny position and it's really uncomfortable. But the next day or whatever I was fine. Everyone's different x

ur allowed to drive for as long as u want.. ur insured unless a dr advises u not to drive and then that may effect ur insurance policy.
otherwise ur fine.

Im pretty much done now!
i drove yesterday only up the road to the shop and i hated it! so no more for me!!
OH drives when hes off work. and friends and family have said they will come see me rather than the other way.

im noway near the steering wheel its just uncomfortable, feel like im squishing him, hurts my ribs and my back and hips!

so im done :) lolol think i lasted well getting to 39+3! xx

Last edited:
I am still driving but only when hubby is not around, I don't intend on stopping to be honest just not making pointless trips. I have heard of women driving themselves to hospital when they are in labour so guess it's just personal choice xxx

I work in car insurance and babyslog is correct. You can drive for as long as you want to unless a doc tells you otherwise. If you drive when your doc tells you not to it can void your insurance and result in a claim not being paid out if you were involved in an accident. I would just advise, go off your own instinct, if you dont feel confident driving then dont because if your not confident then you may make a mistake which could result in a crash. If you feel fine about driving then carry on. Like i say just go off your own gut. Xx

P.s. even after birth you can drive whenever you want to theres no time limit unless you have a c section where some companies tell you you cant drive for a period of time but majority of companies tell you to go off what your doc says. They normally tell you how long not to drive for. Xx

My job involves alot of driving..so can't stop till i at least go on maternity. still feeling ok with driving though. so will keep it up as long as poss. would hate to be stuck in the house x

I think its up to you if you continue to drive or not. I am still driving and can see me being in labour and driving to hospital as I hate being driven by OH (he's an awful driver). If you are in pain though then its possibly time to give up, or at least not go to far from home. xx

Iv been fine driving so far up till tonight I took car out to get some squash and had to adjust steering wheel and then even after doing so bump was touching just onto steering wheel so I think that's me done unless I have to go anywhere x

I've not stopped, but granted I've gone no more than 1-2 miles/5mins at a time, to nip into town or for midwife appointments. Husband drives when he is outside of work, which he would do even if I wasn't preggers.
I'm lucky in that I've got long legs so bump doesn't touch steering wheel.
I say do it for as long as you feel comfortable too.

yeah I've always been ok really and didn't really think about stopping, i think it just shook me up when i was like "ooo whats that pain" then took my concentration, i don't go far, just to my families houses as none of them drive, i keep putting the highway code near my partner, i want him to driveeee lol x

I think you'd better him lessons for his birthday or Christmas! I had a 16 year break from driving but so glad I got back behind the wheel. It's made all the difference to my life. It must limit jobs and all sorts?
But as for you driving, go careful, if it's too uncomfortable then limit it or stop. Xx

Well im a driving instructor lol so im in the bloody car day in day out. Very uncomfortable I must say and have just had 2 hair raising mini incidents in the last week with pupils. Just glad I had a panty liner on!!! Was planning to work up until August but am now seriously thinking about giving it up earlier for me and my baby. I think you should just limit your driving to driving only when need be xxx

yeah I've decided to deffinately hang up my keys Monday, i didn't go that far today and at one point he was right in my ribs and kicking me, soo uncomfortable, i think its ok as long as you feel comfortable and safe x

The biggest issue I have with driving is getting in and out of the car! I have a three door car and as a result have a thick heavy door so I need to be able to open it wide to get in and out!!! It's been easier this time as I can park in the child spaces :) but last time I remember having to give up shopping trips at Christmas time because I couldn't find a space where I'd be able to get out of the car lol

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back