Driving with big belly!!!

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

Having a very big belly for 31 weeks, I found it uncomfortable now to drive. My belly is on my legs when I sit down and pressing the pedals is a bit of an art sometimes, so i drive more slowly.
Anybody else having the same trouble? Do you think I will still be able to drive until the end?

I'm too lazy to learn to drive :mrgreen:

I was under the impression that you had to stop at a certain stage of pregnancy but i'm not 100% sure!

You don't have to stop, you just can't drive after a C-section.

My bump is small so not too bad for driving at the moment.

I only find it a problem when baby dips down into a fully engaged position - then it's really uncomfortable in normal sitting position as I need to raise my pelvis (interesting when on the motorway)!!

LBxx

The Dh went out the other day and bought me a clippasafe bump belt which stops the belt riding up over the bump and being a risk in an accident.

I feel a lot better about driving now.

Hoping I don't have too many problems driving as I am working for another nine weeks after this one.

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
The Dh went out the other day and bought me a clippasafe bump belt which stops the belt riding up over the bump and being a risk in an accident.

I feel a lot better about driving now.

my midwife told me that you have to have the seat belt up over your bump when driving or in a car to stop the baby getting hurt if the worse happens as the head is normaly downwards so its the bum area that would be pushed in.

i have noticed she has told me alot of stuff that others on here has said the oposite too, im going to make a list and check with her when i see her next, well if i see her next, shes fully booked, cant get a bloody apointment!

Well the bump belt keeps the belt right down on the thighs and it has been heavily recommended by road safety experts, so I am sticking with their judgement.

I certainly feel a lot more comfortable with my new gadget

I found it difficult to drive with Charlotte and ended up swapping cars with my dad for a while. Does your steering wheel have a tilt and raise feature? All my cars have been too rubbish for posh extras like tilting steering wheels, but dads was a godsend.

You can drive after a c-section but most insurance companies won't cover you unless you have a doctors note saying you're fit to drive. I drove 2 to 3 weeks after both sections

Tracy xx

No my car is the simplest car ever, no power steering, no abs, no gadgets concerning the steering wheel lol

I wear my seat belt like on my pregnancy record book recommended: upper belt between the breast and above the belly, lower belt underneath belly lying flat on the thighs.

It is just breaking the main problem cause my leg is pressing against the belly and have not as much freedom of mouvment lol

My midwife told me to put the seat belt under my bump too.

Just thought I would mention the clippasafe bump belt again.

It really is great and keeps the belt nice and low on the thighs and under the bump.

Autumn and winter are the worst times of year for accidents and with our pregnancy brain as well, best to keep safe!

well im glad i changed docs now, coz i auto got a new midwife, by the sounds out it, my old midwife doesnt know what shes talking about as she told me to wear the seatbelt over my bump!

i met my new midwife yesterday but i didnt think to ask her, but going yb what everyone has said on here i will be wearing it under my bump from now on

THOSE DAM SPEED BUMPS! I drive slowly over them, then I have someone up my a**e! but otherwise, I dont mind, have to have my seat quite upright!

I have my driving test on november 30!!!!! I will be 33 weeks pregnant then.

Just hope that the tester takes pity on me :lol:

Just tell them your pregnant, I had a lady and I think she took pity on me and I was only just pregnant! Just remeber to relax, we don't want a early baby, mirror signal, owwwwwwwwwww!

ohh do you live in Orkney? My hubby lived there, (when he was born) nice place so ive been told, but cold!

I dont think I'll need to tell them! I am huge!!! Hope I dont have to do any emergency stops :?

I do live in Orkney indeed. Whereabouts did your husband live? (And cold is an understatement brrrr).

will ask him! he only lived there for a while then glasgow so he cannot remeber much about it! His dad goes up there sometimes, I think he worked in the Whisky making place for ages!(his dad). and is dog is called Brodgar!

will ask him! he only lived there for a while then glasgow so he cannot remeber much about it! His dad goes up there sometimes, I think he worked in the Whisky making place for ages!(his dad). and is dog is called Brodgar!

Its a small world isn't it. The whisky making place would probably have been Highland Park...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back