Driving myself crazy over Blighted Ovum

MissSara

Reaction score
It may be me as with this pregnancy i am obsessed and has scared as ever but im terrified of getting to my 12 week scan and eing told that i have a blighted ovum, which was something that i wasn't totally aware of until i joined this site and started reading other peoples experiances.

Its getting me upset and i find myself going through when the midwife tells me that its that and what i will say and how iwill deal with it!!!

Does anyone else get as scared as this? even though you know what will be will be and you have no control what so ever.

Hi Sara,

I know just how you feel, especially with my recent miscarriage and previous ectopics. For this reason I'm going to have as many scans as possible, just for reassurance - I'll badger the NHS and also pay for a couple (£100ish each but worth it for peace of mind!).....Also, not sure how this would work for blighted ovum, but you could always get your HCG levels checked for reassurance, is just a quick blood test.

BUT, at the same time, you have to be optimistic. I read something on here a while back and someone said to just say to yourself "I'm pregnant now, this much I know...so why worry about what COULD happen..?!"
xx

Yeah but i don't want to keep having scans just incase things are fine when i have a scan and then it could always go wrong after the scan and by that time i would have had all my hopes up at things being perfect.

I dunno i guess its just after a MC you get a little crazy and paranoid, i see people in the streets who are pregnant and wonder if they were ever as mental as me....lol

OH is worried to but he feels that it is his manly duty to tell me everything is just fine!

I know, it is hard, you want to get all excited and think about the future but you have to take it day by day....I saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks last time and still miscarried later on. BUT, I think once you get over the stage where you miscarried last time it must get easier...??

But if it's a blighted ovum you're scared of then a scan would rule that out straight away

xx

I think you are bound to be nervous and worry, but I always try and look on the positive side and if you still *feel* pregnant and are experiencing symptoms, even if they come and go (as they can do in some women) then its a good sign and something to keep hold of.

Why not pay to have a private scan in the next couple of weeks to put your mind at rest on this matter, if you've not been able to by then?

It's early enough for them to detect something or to tell if things are not going as they should. Hopefully it'll be good news for you and you can relax and wait till your 12 or 16 week scan via the NHS.

From what I gather reading online a blighted ovum usually starts to show signs around 6 weeks and outward signs around 8 weeks. I found numerous sites on it and have linked to one with some info here (US site please be aware so may have different recommendations to a UK one etc)

:hug: :hug:

Hi

I have never had a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.

But, due to reading sites too much I also had a huge worry about having a blighted ovum pregnancy.

I was saing it to my mom and sister before my scan yesterday. And even told the sonographer before the scan.

Once I saw my bean there, lovely little heartbeat and the right size, I decided the worry has to stop now. Stress can do negative things. Positive feelings give our little beans the best chance to grow.

Don't think of scans as 'it may be ok now, but I still cannot relax' Think of them as reassurance. I do not think my mom even had a scan when she was pregnant with me. Imagine what it was like then?

I guess we are lucky to be given the chance to see our beans and be given answers. Even when the answer is not a nice one, an answer is better than never knowing.

But, enough of that! Positive thinking from now on! Give our beans the fertile soil that need to grow into wonderful babies :)

Thanks i found that link really helpful, ive also started to feel more and more tierd and generally just ill, so hopefully i'm just worrying over nothing.

Hello, I just thought I would share my experiance. I have suffered from a Blighted Ovum in a previous pregnancy. I have only just discovered this as Doctors originally thought it was a Molar Pregnancy. I was having signs and symptoms all the way through, eg morning sickness, sore breasts. There was no way that I could have known that there wasn't a baby at all until it was diagnosed at a scan. I don't want to make you even more worried, because it's highly likely that everything is fine..it's totally normal to be scared but with a Blighted Ovum you just don't know until the scan. Try and relax, easier said than done I know :hug:

Hiya,

I totally know how you feel. I didn't have a clue what blighted ovums were 'till I went on this site and was worried sick, convinced that that's what I had.

I had my 12 weeks scan last thursday and everything was fine, I saw the little heart beating and it felt like a huge ton of bricks came off of my shoulders.

It's far easier said than done but try and hang in there. However if you are really worried I would go and see your midwife as she will most likely be able to put your worries to rest.

I'm sure you will be fine hon, just try and think positive.

My husband suggested that I stop reading the "health related" topics on here as I was seeing sypmtoms of everything and was getting really stressed. I stopped reading them and although I didn't stop worrying all together, but at least I didn't have any new things to worry about

J x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back