driving me nuts! :(

mummyoftwo12

Reaction score
I had cholestasis with my first lg and was induced but the itching didn't get bad until around 36 weeks and wasn't tested until 38 weeks and was induced the day after..because of this I've been getting blood tests done one at 29 weeks one at 30 weeks and one the other week at 34 weeks..they all came back normal although I was itching slightly nothing server though..because I was still itching my consultant asked me to get repeat bloods again in 2 weeks at 38 weeks but since monday my itching has got worse its driving me nuts! I have chicken scratches all over my legs and feet and tops of my legs are brused from scratching my palms of hands and bottoms of feet are also itching..I've read a lot of storys about people with cholestasis and quite a lot of people had had normal blood results and within a short peroiod of just 3 days they have shot up..I'm starting to get concerned as I know if I did have it it can cause promblems after 37 weeks and my next blood test isn't until 38 weeks (also will have no skin left by then! Lol)..I have a midwife appointment on thursday I'm going to mention how bad it has got to her but do you think I should just wait till 38 weeks (it can take a while to show in bloods and this was the time as diagnosed with my dd) or shall I ask to get them taken earlier?..I have a belly ache too and been getting painful braxton hicks past few days although this could have nothing to do with it lol..what you ladies think I should do?..put a few pics of my poor legs :( lol

Attachments

• IMG-20130519-01201.jpg
    IMG-20130519-01201.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20130519-01200.jpg
    IMG-20130519-01200.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20130519-01204.jpg
    IMG-20130519-01204.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Ouch hun that looks sore :(

I kinda no ur pain, even tho my bloods came back normal for OC im still mega itchy! :/ they dnt seem to want to do any follow up bloods with me. Havnt given me any creams either so just trying to moisurise as much as poss.

Hope ur bloods come bk clear again but also for this itchyness to stop!
Bet its driving u mental! :( xxx

Ouch hun that looks sore :(

I kinda no ur pain, even tho my bloods came back normal for OC im still mega itchy! :/ they dnt seem to want to do any follow up bloods with me. Havnt given me any creams either so just trying to moisurise as much as poss.

Hope ur bloods come bk clear again but also for this itchyness to stop!
Bet its driving u mental! :( xxx

Thanks hun..If your itching persists or gets worse and you get concerned ask it to be repeated in couple of weeks just to be on the safe side if you read up on the condition lots of people had normal blood results and continued to itch and it had risen the next time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back