Driving Me Mad!

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
ok 21 weeks pregnant and still being sick 24hrs a day :wall: now im used to that coz i was the same with my other 2 but this past week everything i have eaten is coming back out either one end or the other :cry: i end up feeling sick constantly have pains in my stomach where im so hungry n its just generally makin me feel really down. even when i try and eat i can barely eat anything :?
has anyone else had the same thing im just wondering if its normal n if i should bother going to see my gp or not (he is a nightmare to get an appointment with as it is so dont want to get one and go if its nothing)

Hi

Sorry to hear about your sickness I feel for you I really do, mine stopped at about 18 weeks. Are you keeping any fluids down? If not you will start to become de-hydrated which is bad for the baby and you! If your doctor is a pain, go start to A&E... this is what I did and they told me I had hyperemesis and admitted me straight away, put me on a drip and gave me an injection to stop the sickness.

I was in for 5 days but all though the sickness didnt stop after it carmed down a hell of a lot.....

Have a look at this website www.bloomingawful.com this has some info on hyperemesis.

Hope you feel better soon sweety xxxxx :)

the pain is slowly gettin worse at the mo i feel awful :cry: just phoned the doctors and the soonest i can get an appointment for is thursday even on an emergency appointment :shock: barely keeping any fluids down and i can see a&e being the way it is heading even though thats the last place i want to be though its not going to happen for a while as theres no1 about to look after the kids :?

I think your GP should be able to give you one before then - have you told the receptionist you are pregnant?

I was exactly the sam until about 22wks. My GP signed me off work for two weeks and prescribed me (sorry forgotten the name!) some sort of pastells that I put under my top lip and let it melt - they were disgusting as they took a couple of hours to melt - but they helped so much!

I would try your GP again - if not, do as Keeley said go to A&E or even try the NHS 24 people - if they send you to the doctor they must see you within 24hrs!

Hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel!!

S. xx

with both my son and my daughter i was still sick up until an hour after i had given birth :lol: infact with my daughter i was left sat on the bed for an hour after i had her both of us covered in sick couldnt reach the call button coz i had her 10mins before they were due to handover and they forgot i was there :evil:

my doctors is now shut until 5pm tonite they are awful they know that i am pregnant aswell there is only one doctor there n they only have a certain amount of appointments they can accept that day n if they are full its tough basically :roll:

if the nhs send me to the doctor i may aswell just go to a&e coz its right next to it at least i no if i go to a&e i will get more sense :lol:

have rang my midwife but she is out of the office so got to wait for her to come back before she gets the message i really need to move :lol:

awww. Well I hope your mid wife isn't too long!

I know how awful it is tho - I was in tears as I was just so tired of being sick.

Where do you live? I thought my little village was bad - but I've got more than one doctor! :wink:

Don't knowif it's work but the only thing I could keep down was just plain boilt water. It also soothed my tummy pains as it got sore sometimes with wretching (sp?!?!)

S. xx

i live in the middle of a big town but its a tiny surgery :lol:

have tried the boiled water but im just bringing it back up everytime i am sick the pain eases a little bit tho although its not the ideal solution :lol:

at this rate im gonna have to take the kids to a&e with me i think :?

arh bless you! I really do feel for you..... have you tried drinking flat lemonade, just keep stiring it till the fizz has gone, cos the sugar in it really helped with my stomach pains!... if you are being sick more than every 30-40 mins def go A&E.

hope it all works out for you xxxxxxxxxx

it seems to be easing off a bit now just eaten a twirl gonna see how long that stays down for now :lol: OH was due to finish work at 4 but he has just rang to let me know someone has called in sick so he has to stay til 10pm now :( but he is popping home for half hour soon so he can go and get me some more paracetomol as iv just run out :lol: think il get him to grab a bottle of lemonade too n give that a try just praying that something works :pray: im laying on the sofa at the mo lucky its within reach of the pc otherwise id be going mad :lol:

im soo glad i joined up now everyone i have spoken to on here has been so supportive and full of advice (being the third time round didnt think id need it mind :lol: )

thank you every one xxx

how you feeling this evening bubble? did you manage to keep anything down?? did you have to go A&E.

hope alls well xxxx

Shes ok :D

She introduced me to this forum!

She has tried laying down, its not working :(

the pains still there but it keeps easing off n then coming back the flat lemonade seemed to help :dance: so thank you for that :D managed to avoid a&e so far

thanks for the concern keely xxx

:lol: @ wobbles u rant away woman u got every right to LOL

just got back from a&e OH had to call an ambulance for me about 11.30 last night the pain got that bad :cry: got gas and air in the ambulance on the way there though so that made me feel a bit better :lol: turns out that my gall bladder is inflamed and infected they werent happy about sending me home but i didnt have much choice as OH has to work and there is noone else to look after the kids. they have given me antibiotics and painkillers so hopefully they should start to work soon. gave me an anti sickness injection and this is the first time in months that i havent felt sick :dance:

but im feeling a bit better now just thought i would keep you updated :)

Hope you're feeling better soon, ginger is excellent too try some ginger beer or crystalised ginger it might help you :)

bubble_dreamer said:
:lol: @ wobbles u rant away woman u got every right to LOL

just got back from a&e OH had to call an ambulance for me about 11.30 last night the pain got that bad :cry: got gas and air in the ambulance on the way there though so that made me feel a bit better :lol: turns out that my gall bladder is inflamed and infected they werent happy about sending me home but i didnt have much choice as OH has to work and there is noone else to look after the kids. they have given me antibiotics and painkillers so hopefully they should start to work soon. gave me an anti sickness injection and this is the first time in months that i havent felt sick :dance:

but im feeling a bit better now just thought i would keep you updated :)

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

sorry to hear about last night but glad you feel better now.... did they say it was your gall bladder thats making you sick or still the baby?? (sorry dont really know much about gall bladders, or even what it is!! hehe)

Sorry Mandy dont agree with the ginger, the smell of that made me throw up more!! :)

Keely xxx

no its still the baby making me throw up im desperatly trying to keep the tablets down at the moment otherwsie they are going to have to admit me :cry: i have the same problem with ginger infact the problem is with anything that smells slightly i have to have a bucket next to me when changing beths nappy :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back