Driving me mad!

blueberrybaby8

Reaction score
(whinge alert..sorry)
So I haven't been able to sleep now for some time...sometimes I have completely sleepless nights and the rest are very broken sleep with me tossing and turning like a crazy woman. Except it takes me about half hour to turn from one side to the other it seems with the pain of baby lying on one side and moving to the other..
hips are sore, back is sore and I'm just plain uncomfortable. the pregnancy pillows don't help.
My partner steals all the duvet and then squashes me, then falls asleep on my cushions!
Think I've stared at these four walls more than anything..oh and not to mention the hot flushes!
starting to feel really yucky during the day, pale and spaced out. I need to be tip top and fresh for little baby, why can't I sleep :(

Xx

I would ask your partner if for a couple of nights a week to sleep somewhere else. Then you don't have to worry about your tossing and turning waking him, you can organise the pillows how you want them without him stealing, plus you get all the duvet. See if it helps. My oh knows at some point I'll be chucking him out, only problem is only options for him are an air bed or the sofa!

same, it'd just be the sofa for him! I'd feel bad though as his job is very important and demanding, he has long hours and his sleep is really important too. seeing him sleeping peacefully makes me feel better that at least one of us is managing to!
he's there for cuddles whenever he wakes up so its not a bad thing him being there..!
naps, naps naps is all I'm thinking Xx

SNAP Blueberry! I know exactly how you feel. I was online at 4am this morning, and 4am seems to be my favourite time to be awake each morning. My husband has also taken a liking to my body length pillow! Anyone would think they're the pregnant ones!! Xx

My husband has slept on the sofa for the last 3 months. Does that make me an awful person?
To be fair, it was his suggestion. He has awful sleeping habits.

I'd love to say it gets better :-( I'm looking forward to Mat leave starting on Friday so I can nap when my toddler does. My only advice would be to nap wherever possible x

I'm similar too, have had sciatica from about 16 weeks, am now nearly 28 weeks so the thought of another 12 weeks in this much discomfort is not exactly exciting! I have adjusted to it a bit though and luckily I am able to work from home some days which gives me another 2 hours in bed that I would have spent otherwise travelling and getting ready etc I have found by going to bed even earlier (before 9pm) it gives me that bit of extra time in bed in between all the tossing and turning! Although I have to say bed time is the worst time for me each day and I enjoy getting up as I know I won't be as stiff, despite the fact I'm still shattered! can't win!

I got more sleep with a newborn than when I was pregnant. I used to sleep on the sofa from 1am as the leather was cold lol. I have never watched so much tv!

I find getting up sort of waking up properly for a while and then going back to bed helps
Tossing and turning is horrible !
I've had awful insomnia since about 20 weeks
Think it's my body's way of preparing me for sleepless nights with baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back