Driving lessons....tell me about yours

netty

Reaction score
Ive had 14 lessons (15 on Saturday) and im doing mock up tests where my instructor doesn't aid me at all...I've been fine all the way it all started so well. .now im a total mess!

I've cried on my last 2 lessons and im getting flustered. .sweaty and generally down on myself! Have I just had a bad couple of lessons? Its so hard when he doesn't tell me my gears gah I am so flappy and I swear all the time fml!!!!

I must be doing good as I am only having one lesson a week and already doing mocks but im.so nervous about it all I have a huge lump in my throat about driving now ! Whats happened?

So tell me horrendous stories immediately about your lessons and make me feel better!

How many lessons did people have? Any tips for nervousness? My instructor is great but I am so angry when I do stuff wrong I go through like half the lesson hating him!

Im such a drama queen!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Omg hahhaa that was an accident! !!

I have no idea how many lessons I had - I started learning in April and passed in May - the following year ;-)

I failed two tests, the one I passed I was the most nervous on and couldn't stop my leg shaking!!

My instructor was lovely even if his shirt was always unbuttoned slightly too low - exposing his hairy chest and medallion!

Sounds like you are doing well, the more you drive the less nervous you'll be.

driving was something that came naturally to me, so i did 10 lessons theory and then test and passed first time.

Try not to get flustered as thats when you make mistakes and you get more stressed so it's a vicious circle!

Am sure you will be fine :)

I had 10 lessons before my test. I had been driving cars/tractors/quad bikes on the farm since I was a young teenager (you'd think that would help, right? Wrong.) I never put a foot wrong then. I was a "natural", not that it counted when I needed it to.
I'm a stubborn wee mule so I made it clear (I was 17) that I wasn't going to sit through tonnes & tonnes of lessons. Clothes, music & phone credit needed buying! Priorities. She was raging when after 3 or 4 lessons I told her I had the practical test booked. I didn't pass 1 single mock test she did with me. I stalled during almost every lesson. I couldn't parallel park for the life of me & nearly shit myself every time I had to do an emergency stop. It was nerves. I hate pressure & I don't react well to it.
On the day, I passed with just a teeny wee amount of minors. The examiner even commented on how he wished all 17 y/o's would drive like me.
I think making 1 mistake with my instructor just knocked my confidence & I ended up making 1 mistake after another with her, if that makes sense. I was thinking too much. Trying to preempt what she was going to ask me to do & looking like a feckless wonder in the process.
None of this probably helps you pet but I just wanted to let you know that not everyone that passes was an amazing student.
I really don't think people truly learn to drive properly until they have their license & are no longer under an instructor. Wrong choice of words there but you know what I mean.
Good luck hun. xxxxx

I had about 11 lessons with a female instructor.

I did have 5 a few years prior with a dickhead instructor who never taught me anything new so i gave up.

The lady instructor was brilliant and honest with me. She said you dont learn to drive on her lessons, you just learn to pass your test. Which was brilliant. She kept me in third gear always in a 30 so i never went over the speed limit, obviously not now Haha but helped me pass. That was i always knew which gear to be in too.

I know its so frustrating when you're doing so well and something flusters you. I cried a lot.

You'll find you'll react differently in a test environment. Xx
Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Totally agree with the last bit of this ^^

I had my first lesson on my 17th birthday with test date in hand as we booked it ourselves. 12 lessons and 6 weeks later I passed first go..........
but...... I have parallel parked once in nearly 20 years and that was on my test day, fluked it perfect been rubbish ever since lol and in my first year I crashed 4 times with 1 serious. Took me 3 years with 2 of them driving as a job to actually learn how to drive

My OH is on his 23rd now, he does 2 a week. Instructor he has got is fantastic & very good compared to a very useless one he had before.

He thinks my OH will be ready for his test before he gets to his 30th :) I'm hoping for my OH's sake that he manages to pass first time - will be such an achievement & some independence for him ( due to having to relay on his dad) I think he wants to be able to be there & take me and baby places independently - even if it is to Asda.

We're picking up our new car tomorrow too, will be on the drive for a few weeks but a mate is going to take him on in it so he can get use to it.

We've bought a ford focus estate 2001, big boot for 5 dogs and pram & then the back for baby.

Oh sweetie!

As you know I am too scared to learn to drive (it's a waste of money to drive in central London anyway and insurance costs double what a car would :shock:)

What is it that has happened to make you feel flustered? Is it the mock tests? The fact you are not getting as much instruction? A combination of things?

Maybe ask you instructor to go back to how things were when you were feeling more confident.

You are doing fab hun, don't let a few bad lessons grid you down. You have to drive to London to see me and James :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: did you really grope your instructor?? saucy mare!

xxxxxxxx

Haha nat! I groped his thigh as I lost the gearstick (he's like 60) I think its just because hes not giving me instructions now we are doing an assisted lesson Saturday so I am chilled about that

I want this so bad I think I am rushing myself its pretty scary being in the driver seat !

I can drive. But dont have a driving license. Failed twice because of the nerves.
I could see my instructor was frustrated as he thought i'd pass.
I took my test when i was pg and i was a bag of hormones and hadnt slept the night before.
I would take some mild stuff like kalms or something if i.could.
I really need to restart but cant take 2 kids in the car with me

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Learning to drive is really difficult, seems you cannot pass nowadays. I started learning May 2012 and I'm still going. Three failed tests later purely down to nerves. When I get in a tizz I mess my lesson right up. You really need to make yourself chill and Don't rush it, you'll pass when you're meant to.

Ok so had a lesson Saturday and all was fine phew. Mock test for Tuesday with NO help I got 6 serious faults laat time eek positive vibes ladies I CAN do this!

You can !! I swear I never cried and shingled so much as when I was learning to drive. I used to feel sick booking my next lesson but honestly I love driving now :)

Good luck i had 72 lessons!!! But i passed first time! I was really nervous and not confident, im really dramatic so there was lots of tears and "im a rubbish driver!" etc. I talked with my examiner all the way through my test, went the wrong way, he told me to go left but i went right, i stalled on my test and did a bay park and was no where near the lines BUT i had a low cut top up and short skirt, full make up as my instructor told me if i did this i would pass! Sometimes you just have to get the girls out lol! Xx

I had about 20 lessons all together my instructor was fab, even if I did shout and swear at him ALL the time lol
On my test though it started raining, I mean full on torrential rain. I was on a bypass doing 70 and didn't have a clue where the wiper control was cos id never used it before! I damn near had a nervous breakdown but I controlled it and managed to snide a quick glance off the road to find them before he noticed. I passed with 4 minors.. 2 of which were to do with parallel parking (hit the kerb, never once did that on a lesson). Anyway, you can do this Netty, just keep breathing and concentrate more on driving than groping the poor bloke ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back