Drinking & TTC

TwinklinPixi3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a little question - now I'm not much of a drinker, just every now and then if I'm with friends etc, but what's the 'norm' when it comes to TTC? Do you give up drinking in case you fall pregnant, or carry on as you would until you get your BFP?

I guess it's down to personal choice. I've had health kick spells where I've not touched a drop, other times where I've just kept off booze in the 2ww (I don't drink much anyway but sometimes have a couple of ales at the weekend) and other times (like now!) where if we've been out for a BBQ or something in the 2ww I've drank anyway. I think it's supposed to be good to keep off it but at the same time, if you've been trying for ages (we've been trying 3 years) it gets to the point where you realise you can't put your life on hold 'just in case'. I'm sure if you only drink occasionally anyway it won't do any harm. Xxx

Hi sweetie, this is one of those things that is a personal decision that I guess you must make yourself after weighing up all the info. I personally gave up alcohol completely about 6 months ago in preparation for TTC and since coming off the pill in April I have only had a drink once (last night, 2 days post AF so I knew it wasn't during fertile window). I only do it because I want my body and therefore my eggs to be the healthiest they possible can be. Also want to make sure I'm not drinking any alcohol when there is any chance I may be pregnant. Some ladies are quite comfortable having a small drink now and again and have healthy babies, in fact some women carry on drinking and smoking etc either through choice or because they don't even know they are pregnant and have healthy babies.
I would recommend being as healthy as you can but also being happy, that is just as important to your fertility and baby's health xxx

I'm not a big drinker, but if I want a drink I have one. Can't put my life on hold whilst trying xx

I'm not a massive drinker but if I want a drink I have a drink u can't put your life on hold or ttc starts taking over your life and makes u miserable its down to personal choice but I'm sure once In a while wont hurt xxxx

I arent a drinker myself but when I conceived my son (not planned) I drank an awful lot and i conceived him fine. I honestly think you cant put your life on hold forever and i think in moderation drinking is fine. Sometimes i think it helps as it relaxes you :) or it does me if i used to drink anyway. Xx

I also think you can't put your life on hold and they do say the more relaxed and normal things are the better for ttc . I've been trying for neatly a year and at first did let drink in tww but I would have spent 6 months of the last year explaining wht I'm not drinking and for no reason. It is personal choice but I soon got fed up haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back